can i import keeppass database with a manual confirmation?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

i use keeppass 2.26 , and i have a problem about importing or synch database

well i tried to import myDatabase.kdbx and tried to synch

when i try to import mydatabase.kdbx , i get several options
    but i can't exactly what keeppass does
    i mean i would like to have a log at least or better a deep confirmation dialog for each items

when i import a database i get this window , when i try to synch i don't get even a dialog/option window

thanks

http://i.imgur.com/JfBTMoz.png

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

The warning you are getting is about the categories inside the two databases. For example, if you have made sub categories inside your keepass database like banks, credit cards, forums etc. When you try to sync to databases, keepass will ask you what you want to do with the subcategories in each database. In the majority of the cases you would choose to keep the existing database subcategories intact. So options 1 and 2 from the graphic you quoted will work for you.

What I would do is to make a copy of the existing database file, just copy and paste the file somewhere else and then try each available option to sync the databases. If something goes wrong just overwrite your database with the copy you had made and start again.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks Raza0007
    about backuping up the database is always a good idea
    sadly they did miss and there is no pluing to have the possibility to confirm every entries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.