Can I have NOD32 V4 and AVG installed together?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by softtouch, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I have NOD32 V4 installed, but want to test something and need to install AVG for this.
    Can I just install AVG and leave NOD32 active or do I really have to uninstall NOD32 first?
    I will not leave AVG on the pc, just for a short test, and its too much to uninstall nod32, install avg, uninstall avg, install nod32 etc.

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Yes, you can have both installed, but, only ONE can be monitoring your system.
    you can turn form one to the other.

3. softtouch

Thanks, that makes things for me much easier...

4. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Yea, if they both monitor it gets crazy unless to tell them both to exclude the other... and even then you will more than double slow your computer.

One monitors the other monitoring and then it has to get monitored by the other etc etc etc all concerning the same file.. it will choke things down quickly.....

I could be wrong, but I've never heard of AVG catching anything NOD32 missed anyway.
    But that could be a good way to test the other before you toss your AVG with an uninstall.

5. softtouch

I must say that AVG 8.5 found 49 (not active/running) during a full scan, where NOD32 did not find a single during a full scan.

I did not believe this, so I uploaded them to virustotal, and it was an average above 25/40, one even with 32/40, all missed by NOD32.

Anyway, this is not about AVG vs. NOD32... I just wanted to test some files which got flagged by VT but not by NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.