Can I get a copy of bootable recovery media?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gfrobe, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfrobe

gfrobe Registered Member

I've tried over and over again to burn a recovery CD using an Iomega Zip CD burner and I keep getting an error. I've been through this board and have tried everything i.e. turning off virus software, etc. I also have no floppy drive so that option doesn't work.

Where can I get a copy of the bootable media so I can just burn it myself using Nero? I'm using True Image 7.

Thanks, gfrobe

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hmm. Until Acronis or someone provides a definitive answer to my last post in thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43142 as to what device drivers are burnt onto the boot recovery media, I'm not so sure somebody else's boot disk would work with your hardware.

Regards

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

This definitive answer was received from Anton today.

So, technically, using someone else's boot rescue disk produced by a build of TI that's the same or newer than yours should work. Have no idea though whether this would infringe Acronis's End User Licence. Perhaps you would like to ask Acronis Support? Who knows - they might even provide you with a link to download.

Regards & good luck

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gfrobe --

I'll PM you the link for the .iso file so that you can burn your bootable CD.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.