Can I disable these "services" in vista?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodean, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodean

bodean Registered Member

I ran Acronis Backup when I installed Vista. I do not do daily backups, nightly, or anything like that. I noticed I have services running and wondering if I can disable them.
    Acronis Scheduler2Service
    Acronis Try and Decide service.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Sure you can, but the consequences may not be what you want.

The tiny benefit of disabling these services isn't generally worth the problems it creates. In particular, the Scheduler service is required for all backups in Windows. Try and Decide probably can be disabled, but watch for unexpected consequences.

3. bledd

bledd Registered Member

are they set to automatic?

set them to manual, then reboot, if they're needed, they'll start themselves up

if you don't use the windows side of it, why not save a little space and just use the live boot cd instead?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bodean,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

We may recommend you to have a look at the "Why Run The True Image Services" threads in the "Product Links, FAQs & Useful Threads" sticky.

As for Acronis Try and Decide service, it's used only for the Try&Decide feature. If you aren't planning on using it, it's safe to disable the service.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.