Can I delete backup in secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by exssrerion, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exssrerion

exssrerion Registered Member

How I delete some increment backup in secure zone.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello exssrerion,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Launch the program -> Backup and Restore -> Manage and restore -> Acronis Secure Zone -> Right-click backup you want to delete -> Remove. Note that in order to restore image with incremental backup archives you should have all incremental backups from the set.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. exssrerion

I'm using Acronis*True*Image*Workstation® with Acronis Universal Restore® version 9.1 (build*3,887)

I'm goto Tools>"Manage Acronis Secure Zone">Manage Acronis Secure Zone,but in this menu it have only "Increase size" and "Decrease size" only and didn't show my backup image.

4. Baduk

Baduk Registered Member

I have a similar problem under Acronis True Image Echo Workstation (build 8.206). After several differential backups my secure zone is full and I need to clean it up. I want to delete old differential backups and leave the first (complete) backup and the last differential backup. But how? I don't see the indicated menu option either.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Exssrerion!

You have unfortunately misunderstood the instructions of Acronis employee. In order to go to Tools>"Manage Acronis Secure Zone>Manage Acronis Secure Zone I would advise you to go to Backup and Restore -> Manage and restore -> Acronis Secure Zone -> Right-click backup you want to delete -> Remove.

Thanks,

Jean Papyrin

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. Vlad V

Vlad V Registered Member

ATI Workstation does not provide for manually deleting backups in SZ. It uses the FIFO mechanism for deleting the oldest backups automatically when the zone fills up.

Vlad

7. Baduk

Baduk Registered Member

@ Acronis Support: the link you mention doesn't exist in Acronis True Image Echo Workstation (build 8.206). Please tell me where I can find this functionality in this version.

@ Vlad V: the help function and reality suggest something different. When the SZ is full I get an error message. Automatic cleaning up of the SZ is NOT done in the case described ("only one full backup left, and an incremental/differential backup is in progress"), according to the help function:

"The program uses the following scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone:

• If there is not enough free space in the zone to create a backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups.

• If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental/differential backups) left and a full backup is in progress, then the old full backup and incremental/differential backups are deleted.

• Otherwise, (only one full backup left, and an incremental/differential backup is in progress) you will get a message about space error. In that case you will have to either re-create the full backup or increase Acronis Secure Zone.

Thus, you can back up data automatically on a schedule, and not worry about zone overflow issues. However, if you keep long chains of incremental backups, it will be a good practice to periodically check the zone free space, indicated on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard."

Does this ("you will have to either re-create the full backup") mean that I can't do what I want (delete old differential backups and only keep the most recent one) and have to do a new full backup, which causes ALL backups to be dropped from the SZ, so that afterwards differential backups are possible again?

I use the dual destination backup. When Acronis cleans up my SZ automatically, will it clean up my secondary destination as well? Hopefully not.

8. Vlad V

Vlad V Registered Member

Yes, this is correct.

And the zone management scheme you quoted covers all possible cases. The pure FIFO mechanism I mentioned refers to a case of making only full backups to a zone that can hold several of them (or several chains of "full+a number of increments/differentials").

I do not use the dual destination and the UG is not very clear on what will be with secondary backups in case of SZ cleaning. The guide says that the program maintains consistency of backups, so may be it will clean your secondary destination too. You better ask Acronis Support.

Vlad

9. exssrerion

In this version it haven't "Backup and Restore" ,IT HAVE

Operations
    - Backup
    - Recovery
    - Mount Image
    - Unmount Image
    - Clone Disk
    - Add new Disk
    - Schedule Task

inside of them there haven't Manage and restore too

10. exssrerion

So how I delete it

11. Acronis Support

Hello exssrerion,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation

There is no way you can manually delete backup archives within Acronis Secure Zone using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation. The only workaround is to mount Acronis Secure Zone by means of Acronis Disk Director then delete backup archive. If you have Acronis Disk Director 10.0 you can proceed in the following way:

- run Acronis Disk Director 10.0
    - right click on the Acronis Secure Zone
    - select Advanced->Change type
    - select type 0Bh (FAT32)
    - reboot the computer

Acronis Secure Zone will be mounted as a partition with its own drive letter and you will be able to see and manage the backup archives there using standard Windows Explorer.

In order to return back the Acronis Secure Zone as it was, you should change again its type to the 0BCh (Acronis Secure Zone type).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.