Can i defrag Winxp with EazyFix installed.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pinso, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello, i have a dual boot up rig, primary is Winxp and Secondly is Win7. EazyFix is quite similar to RollBackRx. So i installed Eazyfix to Winxp: their were option to install it on a dual boot, but saw some instability, so went with Single boot.
    I was thinking if i was at Win7(dual boot) and if i could defrag my C: containing Winxp with Eazyfix installed.
    Would it be wise thing to do. Or should i leave it to Eazyfix default defragger to so its thing.

Thank you.

2. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

If only XP is aware of Eaz-Fix and not Win7 (separate partitions I assume), a Win7 defrag of XP's partition would destroy that volume as far as Eaz-Fix is concerned. If Win7 and XP are on the same partition, only use Eaz-Fix's defragmenter.

3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

XP and Win7 are in different partition. So its a bad idea to deframent Winxp from Win7(different partition).

4. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

Yep... it sure is.

If both OSes are RB aware (dual boot install) then the RB defragger may be used safely. If a non-RB defragger is used in the dual boot config, then large snapshots would result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.