Can I create bootable backup cd/dvd from rescue media environment?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chaw_pig, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaw_pig

chaw_pig Registered Member

Is it possible to add true image and disk director rescue media to the cd/dvd created from linux environment like in windows? Or can it be done in the BartPe environment?

Regards,
    chaw_pig

2. mustang

mustang Developer

This can be done under BartPE if you use my plugins. They are available at my website. You will need to use the full version of the Disk Director plugin to include the Media Builder function.

I have just tested with TI9 Workstation build 3666 and DD10 2117 installed in BartPE. Running the Media Builder from either program will give you the choice to create a Recovery CD with both programs included.

My goal in writing these plugins was to give these programs the full functionality they have under normal Windows. You can also fully manage the Acronis Secure Zone, including creating a new one and activating Recovery Manager.

mustang

3. chaw_pig

thanks for the reply. is it possible to add these features to the back up image on cd/dvd also? I mean it is like recovery cd from HP, Acer...just one disc and it does all, not just the back up image on the disc. I hope your BartPE plugin will do, but how about with rescue media?

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Sorry I misunderstood you question. You can add the bootable media feature to a backup image on DVD/CD by using the Options menu. Go to Tool/Options/Default Backup Options/Media Components. The General tab allows you to add the bootable option to the media. The Advanced tab allows you specify Disk Director and other options to add.

This will work under normal Windows and under BartPE using my plugins. It will not work under the Linux recovery mode.

mustang

5. chaw_pig

thank you very much for making me clear. you have been very helpful to many many people.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chaw_pig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

With respect to your initial question and in addition to what mustang has said, I would also like to mention that it is not possible to create Bootable Rescue CD when Acronis True Image is operating in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using 'Full' version of Acronis Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. The Bootable Rescue Media Builder component is available from under Windows only. Also, the current version of Acronis True Image allows you to write Additional Media Components (see section 5.3.8 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide) when backing up to a removable media (e.g. CD, DVD) from under Windows only.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.