Can I burn image directly to DVD during backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dzummy, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzummy

Dzummy Registered Member

Is there a way that I can backup an image directly to a DVD burner and make it bootable? Had tried on TI10 and 11, but DVD got kicked out said something like ...." Please insert media...." Thanks in adv for your help...

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You want to add the Acronis Media components which is listed under the options in the wizard or under TOOLS Options. Try unchecking the "ask for first media" box.

The words I have used above may not be exacty as written on the screens.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

In Ver. 10 it's under Tools>Options>Default Backup Options>Media Components>Advanced Tab ... well hidden, deep down.

4. Dzummy

Dzummy Registered Member

Acronis.JPG

Here's the error I'm keep getting...No matter what options I had selected and i was try on both TI11 and TI-Enterprise 9.1...any Ideas

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dzummy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that as explained by seekforever and DwnNdrty when backing up to CD/DVD media you can add Acronis Bootable Rescue Media components along with the backup archive. Please see chapter "Creating backup archives" paragraph "Media components" of the respective User's Guide for details.

As for the error you receive, please make sure you use blank unformatted media. Please also try leaving the drive tray open and let the program close it.

If the issue persits, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.