Can I add Sandboxie and OA to EMET?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GrammatonCleric, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Or will EMET memory randomization interfere with sandboxing process or OA process?

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

FWIW, I add OP FW Pro 7.5 to EMET 2.1 with no ill effects. It faces the internet thus is exposed to risk. Some will say it is not needed as the product has advertised self protection. So to be contrarian I do it anyway.

Can't help on sanboxing as I don't use it.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

you probably could, but I would not do that.
    trying to secure a security app is funny :)

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I always wonder if I should add security applications to EMET. After all, EMET may break something "silently" and then your entire system is compromised.

5. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Why would you place Sandboxie in EMET? many posts here says SBIE sandboxing is almost perfect. Do you know of anything that could bypass sandboxing of SBIE?

do you want to take a risk for possible incompatibility and unstability which could cause reduced security over supposed to be additional security which you are unsure if it could add anything?

6. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I would not put any security software under EMET. Risk of EMET breaking something is much bigger then security gains it can provide.
    I use EMET only for internet facing apps and apps that open files.

7. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

Sandboxie takes care of you, not the opposite.
    Besides, I've never heard of a successful breach of SBIE walls. The (few) times someone comes to a forum saying "I got infected while browsing sandboxed" either the user allowed something out with quick recovery, or was not really sandboxed (I always keep a green border on), or messed up the settings.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LOL, same thing came to my mind, you gotta trust on your security apps :D

9. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I had added all of the sandboxie processes (including license manager too) under EMET around a year ago, and I never had any noticeable problems due to that.

10. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

You don't often see a security company say "We patched X vulnerabilities in our product." You have to wonder how much one of their products actually adds to your attack surface.

11. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hello:

I notice your router is a DDWRT Router with a HOST file built in to it.

This I didn't know was possible can you explain the concept a bit either here in this thread if the moderators allow or via PM when you have time.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.