Can i add raid drivers easily ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by icgaln, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icgaln

icgaln Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to find a recovery program that will let me look at a computers hdd and partitions and then mess around with them in order to fix them or recover them etc. From what i can see Hard Disk Manager does what i want, i just need to know a few things:

From what little i can understand about linux, the kernel is updated to support raid drivers and so unless i know linux adding raid drivers to the standard recovery cd is not possible?

If its not possible or not easy to do then is there a way to do it using the WinPe image instead and again with similar ease.

I think the best demonstration of what i mean by ease is like norton ghost where it has a Ghost boot wizard and u can just go through a quick process to add the drivers you need. The little bit of information I can find on the web leads me to believe that Hard Disk Manager uses a load of .cmd files and scripts and stuff which I don’t really understand, I’m really in need of a GUI, simple and easy, download drivers, click a few buttons, drivers are now added to program, burn to disk and use.

Is this possible and easy to do with Hard Disk Manager?

The other thing i would like to know is, it says that it supports windows 7 now, does it also support solid state drives in regards to sector aligning i think its called or support of the new type of hdd that are coming out that are 2TB or more where the MBR is different, I think its GPT or something like that?

Any help appreciated

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it supports GPT.

Yes, you can load drivers with the winpe cd - not with the Linux cd.

The winpe cd has a very simple GUI.

There is an app. specialy for aligning called Paragon Alignment Tool .

It comes as part of some of the paragon products, and is also available separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.