Can i add raid drivers easily ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by icgaln, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icgaln

icgaln Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to find a recovery program that will let me look at a computers hdd and partitions and then mess around with them in order to fix them or recover them etc. From what i can see Hard Disk Manager does what i want, i just need to know a few things:

From what little i can understand about linux, the kernel is updated to support raid drivers and so unless i know linux adding raid drivers to the standard recovery cd is not possible?

If its not possible or not easy to do then is there a way to do it using the WinPe image instead and again with similar ease.

I think the best demonstration of what i mean by ease is like norton ghost where it has a Ghost boot wizard and u can just go through a quick process to add the drivers you need. The little bit of information I can find on the web leads me to believe that Hard Disk Manager uses a load of .cmd files and scripts and stuff which I don’t really understand, I’m really in need of a GUI, simple and easy, download drivers, click a few buttons, drivers are now added to program, burn to disk and use.

Is this possible and easy to do with Hard Disk Manager?

The other thing i would like to know is, it says that it supports windows 7 now, does it also support solid state drives in regards to sector aligning i think its called or support of the new type of hdd that are coming out that are 2TB or more where the MBR is different, I think its GPT or something like that?

Any help appreciated

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it supports GPT.

Yes, you can load drivers with the winpe cd - not with the Linux cd.

The winpe cd has a very simple GUI.

There is an app. specialy for aligning called Paragon Alignment Tool .

It comes as part of some of the paragon products, and is also available separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.