Can Ewido and Trojan Hunter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, i have had Trojan hunter for a little while now and i was just wondering after hearing so many good things about it i have decided to trial Ewido.

So i am just wondering do i have to now uninstall Trojan hunter or can they run alongside each other. (i have active scan (meaning scanning all the time) set on TH if that means anything).

Thanks

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

My recommendation is to run Ewido in real-time for your trial and TH on-demand. There were conflicts between the two when I ran them on my machine.

Rich

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

my advice is to run ewido constantly as finds much more in real time, even in zips rathen rest, the rest is on demand : tds-3, trojanhunter, spybot, av :)gdata)...

cheers

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Infiinity,

I am trying to decide whether I should be running Ewido or BOClean in real-time. Both are stable and use about the same amount of resources on my system. Thanks. So far, I haven't found any overriding reason to use one vs. the other. Do you, or anyone else, have any comments?

Rich

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Rich

Why don't you run both, when i trialled Ewido i did with no conflict's at all. BOClean is on Ewido's Compatibility list . :)

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Don,

Up until recently this is what I have been doing. But within the last few weeks I have experienced registry corruption (and possibly other corruption) which I am attributing to two or more of these resident programs that were in conflict during a specific point of "action" - e.g. rollback of registry item, prevention of execution, etc. The prevention became worse than the bite.

Since I have scaled back, the system has been very stable. I have so far found BOClean roughly equivalent but BOClean in general appears to be a "better citizen" on on my system so that is what is running right now. However, I am more than open to swapping it with Ewido if there are technical advantage.

Hope this makes sense.

Rich

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If the prevention is worse than the bite, then it makes perfect sence. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.