Can AVG improve?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Wordward, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

is this why you use Antivir?

2. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Avast is better then AVG as far as detection rate, and also free,so it's not just Antivir either. You people want to use AVG,hey more power to ya. I use what I use,because it works and has proven itself not only in testing,but also on my personal computer and many others I know personally. AVG has a long way to go,before it's considered a top rated antivirus whether you like it or not.End of story.

3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

What's really funny about the Avira virus lab is when people submit undetected files to both them and Kaspersky to see if they're malware (since they have one of the fastest turnaround times), and when the file turns out to be damaged. Kaspersky replies saying file is corrupted, Avira replies saying malware found, and hey presto, AntiVir detects and quarantines the corrupt, damaged sample as a trojan horse on its next update. Yay, 99.45% detection rate ftw, folks. :shifty:

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I don't believe it. this policy has been in effect for some time now, and there isn't anyone in this thread who isn't aware of it, yet still you manage to turn another thread into an "this vs. that".

I think you all should send Wordward an apology for getting his thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.