can anyone tell me some security softwares for 64bit?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by taleblou, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    I have the 64bit win 7 now and am very limited on pure 64bit security softwares that are designed for 64bit systems that can truly give me protection. Right now I have only CIS 64bit installed and need other security softwares similar to spyshelter, zamana, etc. that protect from keyloggers, screen capture, etc., that have pure 64bit version available and NOT THOSE X64 compatible 32bit softwares. Also any anti-malware and antispyware/adware with active defense shield or proactive that are 64bit designed. Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

In my opinion, you need a "containment" security software for sure. I use and recommend Sandboxie. Two more examples of "containment" softwares are ShadowDefender and Returnil. Sandboxie, ShadowDefender and Returnil "officially" support Windows 7 64 bit.

3. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Comodo for x64 is a bad example of 64 bit security software, they have several security mechanism disabled in this version and are not telling the end user, search their forum you will read a lot about malware bypassing the x64 bit version... I like Spyshelter x64, the closest x64 of "real" HIPS.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

kav antivirus has proactive defense again stuff like that can hide invisibly,with it you can block those types of malware in real time

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Prevx is always great to add to any security setup. Prevx is good at detecting keyloggers. Prevx should run good with CIS :)

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    So CIS 64bit has disabled security? are those in the fireweall, hips or antivirus that are disabled?

What about emsisoft antimalware? does it have any flawed for 64bit?

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Sandboxie 64 is good if you know what rules to give it.

8. guest

guest Guest

If you already have Comodo IS the best partner is SafeOnline Free
    http://www.prevx.com/safebook.asp

The things that Comodo does not do because of the x64 limitations Spyshelter or any other software either it's a limitation of PachGuard, this is why excellent software like DefenseWall does not have x64 version. Per example Spyshelter in the x64 version 2 of the 9 modules are disable, the antinetworkSpy and the antikernelmodelogger.
    And Spyshelter I think is not the best example of a complete HIPS, Comodo D+ x64, Online armor x64, OSSS, PFW... have more complete HIPS.
    With all this I'm not saying that an HIPS is better than other I just want to clarify the limitations of the HIPS software on x64 machines.

The limitations are only related with the x64 version are in the HIPS component, but are the same limitations that you can find in any other HIPS.
    With all this I'm not saying that an HIPS is better than other I just want to clarify the limitations of the HIPS software on x64 machines.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  9. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is 100% x64 compatible since the v5.0 release.

Including all protection elements like file guard, behavior blocker and surf protection.

10. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Just out of curiosity, what would those 64-bit Sandboxie rules be exactly?

Thanks!

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Same as 32 bit allow ONLY what you want to have internet/running privileges.

12. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Sandboxie's no good for x64. I think Comodos' sandboxing technology is a lot better on x64 systems.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  13. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Comodo and sandboxie is a good choice but personally I think shadow defender is da best ;)

14. justenough

justenough Registered Member

It has taken me a while to find a combination of security software that will work without problems on my 7 x64 system. For the way I use the computer, Sandboxie and WinPatrol work well together, with on-demand scans using Hitman Pro and MBAM Pro, and a tested system image in case of problems. I will probably try SpyShelter or some other program to watch for keylogging.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  15. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

On my 7 64 im running MSE, Sandboxie 64, and Returnil. I dont even pick up a tracking cookie. SAS, Malwarebytes, Mse pick up nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.