Can Anyone help me with this one?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Elray, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

Forgive my ignorance if this sounds a simple question and also if it is out of order in this forum - but I am stumped. I noticed the download window pop up last night with Imon scanning a file which I cannot identify and it's destination is a puzzle to me. All I got the chance to see was "W050324XP - Digital Media Solution" and since my firewall didn't challenge the download it must have been downloading to a permitted program.

Windows Media doesn't have firewall permission and searching my computer for any other likely contenders hasn't given me any answers - neither has Google search. All my scans (Spybot, Adaware, Ewido, M/S Antispyware and Nod32) give an all clear so it probably is legitimate. Any ideas?

Elray o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

HI Elray, have you had a look in the Event logs of the Nod32 Control Centre?

Attached Files:

3. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I had checked the Event Logs and there is nothing unusual there. Just the usual database update events showing.

I had a clue that it might have had something to do with RealPlayer but I don't have that program installed.

Anyway, I have great trust in Nod32 since I changed over last year and have it set to the max following your instructions. I am just frustrated at not knowing source and destination of a download I hadn't seen or experienced before.

Elray :doubt:

4. Blackspear

It could simply have been a website with very large pictures, I've seen that before, where nothing was downloading it was just that particular website.

Cheers :D

5. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Yes......I think that you may be right Blackspear. Thanks again.

I'll try to curb my need to know everything about everything! Elray.

6. Blackspear

No problem at all Elray, ask away any time you are not sure.

Cheers :D

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this i see quite often or a site with lots of pics ill see imon pop up at the bottom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.