can anyone help me understand this?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by INTOXSICKATED, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i keep seeing this MsiInstaller warning in my application event viewer log. have no idea what it means. can anyone help me understand this?

Attached Files:

2. INTOXSICKATED

another snap shot......

Attached Files:

3. INTOXSICKATED

last one......

Attached Files:

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Have you tried Googling the problem, Intox? I was getting that alot, after I installed a new program - I un- then re-installed it and the problem went away.

The best advice I ever got - don't look at your event viewer it will drive you nuts! It was - and I don't! (well, not as much!)

5. INTOXSICKATED

yea, i tried google, think i got it figured out now.
    lol, something draws me to it!

6. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Hmm... not sure about all of the GUIDs. I would just focus on the fact that whatever is wants the Microsoft Journal Viewer registry key. Do you have Windows Journal Viewer installed? It's doubtful that you need it, as I think it just lets you read "journal" files created on Tablet PCs. I'm not 100% sure, but I think those are the files that can contain text, graphics, and pen input scribbles. I believe Microsoft has a special format for the pen/stylus input capabilities that they call digital ink or something like that. You could try just uninstalling Journal Viewer if you have it, or installing and uninstalling it in order to perhaps clear corrupted registry entries.

7. INTOXSICKATED

thanx for the post alec. while i was reading it, my wife walked in a said, "by the way, i was trying to unistall my typing program and i accidently uninstalled miscrosoft journal something". :mad: i just re-downloaded it with the link you gave me and all is well once again. :D i don't really use the program, but i use adobe allot, and i read somewhere that if you use adobe, you shouldn't uninstall microsoft journal viewer. anyways, thanx again i appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.