Can anyone explain this?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donpiet, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donpiet

donpiet Guest

I ran a full image backup successfully. I then immediately tried to check the image. The image did not verify, I was told it was corrupt. The verify failed in the first half of the checking somewhere. I then closed Acronis, did NOT re-boot and immediately opened Acronis TI8 again. I then did another check of the image. This time the image verified. Now, I ask, do I or do I not have a valid image? Am I supposed to have confidence in this procedure? The external 300GB hard drive is new within the last few days. The notebook is new within the last month. I have used the external disk to backup my desktop 240GB using Dantz Retrospective with no problems (it does a compare also). The notebook has on 80GB drive and I am using Acronis TI8. Is there a real need to exit Acronis before doing a Check Image?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

There is no need to exit Acronis True Image after creating an image to perform image check.
    Actually I have no ideas what happened.
    Probable reasons are bad sectors on the hard drive and computer memory problems. But this looks very unlikely with a new computer and hard drive.

Anyway, I recommend you to run chkdsk /r command on the external hard drive.

Please contact support@acronis.com if the problem persists.

3. donpiet

donpiet Guest

You can rule out memory as I have ECC.

4. donpiet

donpiet Guest

Can not rule out memory, the notebook does not have ECC memory.

5. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Run memtest86 on the system overnight to test the RAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.