can anybody recommend software to configure a hardware remote ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by garry35, Dec 8, 2022.

1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

remote.png can anybody recommend software to configure a hardware remote like the remotes used for MPC computers ? i am able to do basic things like control media players or alter the volume, but i have not found a way to reconfigure the buttons other than their default configuration. the remote is recognised and working in windows 10 but i am not able to reconfiguure it

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Looks like a very cheap AiO. i had 3 of those when i bought a Logitech Harmony which is lasting. only issue - the harmony will fail in parts after years. like the cheap ones some buttons do no longer work, it ate batteries. the next one should be something like a smartphone with an infra red led (my huawei redmi note 10 has one). now i need to find a suitable software, maybe paid. touch screens are rock solid if you dont break it - the soft buttons on an AiO ist somehow oiled - it seems wet under the buttons buts that some kind of oil to work. only the gold plated surface point below can oxidate and the graphite under the button gets lose.

AiO are fixed with buttons, you can chose device and some of the buttons are usable for it, some not. if you want more, forget this crap.

PS Logitech Harmony is out of stock, was dropped 2021. Harmony need some extra Software and a cable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.