Can Acronis Recovery-Expert raise the dead?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by AaLF, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

A few days ago i was in the process of creating a 'secure zone' for images and during the process we lost electrical power. When the pc rebooted my drive had lost my most important partition, 200gb of blood sweat & tears.

2 Other products can't recover the partition tending the reason that the unallocated space (where this partition now resides) is corrupt. 3 bad table files or something similar was the message.

I was offered Partition Doctor to mend it but the doctor came out of the operating room with the bad news that the partition didn't survive the operation.

So, what do you think? Is Acronis Recovery Expert able to raise the dead?

And......

If i send Acronis in to fetch the deleted drive lost in unallocated space will it mess up the files/sectors in such a way that a 2nd attempt will be impossible.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

tisatasher:

I think that it is worth a try. It has worked for me in similar circumstances a couple of times. What it essentially does is to search the disk for evidence of former partitions, and then reconstruct an entry in the partition table.

I'm not positive, but I think that this feature is working in the trial version.

You mentioned the Acronis Secure Zone, so do you have a TrueImage backup of the partition? If not, even though your disk is currently unreadable, try making one from the recovery disk. You may be able to use this as a fallback in case your recovery efforts lead to further problems. Sometimes you can mount these backup images and recover files from them; it's worth a shot...

3. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

mmm i'm not sure KO.
    Can't remember now if DD did it with the trial version or I was so desperate I bought & installed it. Whatever it worked flawlessly and recovered everything perfect.

4. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

I personally think it will recover and doubt it will mess up anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.