Can access base network share but not sub-folders in it

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nicolas Cam, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolas Cam

Nicolas Cam Guest

Hello,

I'm currently evaluation TI 8 (build 1124). We intend to use it with incremental scheduling to backup some production workstations & servers as part of our recovery plan.
    We have already test it successfully with several computers but encounter an issue with one of them :

- The Agent is correctly installed
    - from the IT Remote console, we can access the computer
    - we start the "Create Image" feature and we browse to our network server where we store the image backups.

the problem is that, we can access the server and the network share : \\bwenet3\acronis

Under this network share, we have several sub-folders by machine we want to backup.

On this particular computer, we cannot see and access these sub-folders under \\bwenet3\acronis.

On all other computers we have tested, this was possible and we could access \\bwenet3\acronis\toc i.e. ... but on that specific computer, the list of sub-folders under \\bwenet3\acronis is blank... so we cannot create the image.

The folder permissions are correct and the account use to install and connect to the agent is having domain privileges and is the same that we use on all previous computers where TI backup is working.

When we open a windows session on that specific computer using the same account, we can browse correctly to sub-folders of \\bwenet3\acronis....

What could be the problem ?

thanks for your help,

Nicolas

2. Adam Woodhouse

Adam Woodhouse Registered Member

I'm having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. It worked fine for a few images I was creating and restoring, now I can't do a create or restore to my shared system (or any system for that matter). The host systems list fine under my domain, but when I click on them (or enter the UNC path) I see nothing!?

3. I have the same problem as well. Ugh!!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis products.

Please send the letter to support@acronis.com with the detailed description of your problem. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Nick_morris

Nick_morris Registered Member

Hi, Have you checked your folder permissions as it could be a security issue.
    Nick.

6. Nicolas Cam

Nicolas Cam Guest

Yes, the files permissions are correct.
    Other workstations... using the same account can access that network share.

7. Nicolas Cam

Nicolas Cam Guest

Ok, I just sent out the description of this problem to support@acronis.com... hoop I get a response by next week so that we can take decision about purchasing the product.

8. MORKORK

MORKORK Guest

I suppose that the problem could be the build 1124 because I have the same problem from when I have installed this build.
    Before this build the operation you say was working well.

9. Nicolas Cam

Nicolas Cam Guest

Has a fix been found for this issue ?

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.