Can 9.1 immage Servers with SAN attached?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nachbar, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nachbar

Nachbar Registered Member

Hi Folks

I've used the search funcion, but didn't get any results. So I hope, you can help me with this one.

The question is, if Acronis True Image Server 9.1 can make images of a Server (Clusterserver) with an attached optical SAN. I ask this because i've tried it with Acronis True Image Server 8 and there were many errors, becauses of the cluster drives, who were currently on the other server connected. These Drives appear in the management console something like "ghost" drives. I can see them, but they are grayed out. As i know, this is just normal. Anyway, Acronis True Image Server 8 could not run an automated task to save clusterservers because of these "ghost drives", saying something like "drives corrupt"..

Hope you got the meaning of the question and sorry for the poor english!

Thanks for your help!
    Rico

2. Nachbar

Please help.. o_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rico,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that neither version 8.0 nor version 9.1 can back up virtual server itself, but both these versions can back up and restore physical nodes as usual Windows servers. If the iSCSI\fiber disk is managed by the node that is backed up then Acronis True Image is able to back this disk up. In case the disk is offline, Acronis True Image will not find it and will not back this disk up.

The problem that you experience is most likely caused by the fact that Acronis True Image fails on analyzing partitions of the hard drives which are "offline" for the backed up node. I'm afraid there is no way to exclude these hard drives from the process of the partition analysis. The corresponding functionality will probably be implemented in the future Acronis True Image versions. We are sorry for the current inconvenience.

If my assumption is not correct, please download and install the free trial version of the corresponding Acronis True Image 9.1 Corporate Family product and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists with the free trial version of the corresponding Acronis True Image 9.1 Corporate Family product, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact Acronis True Image version name and build number;

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- Make a screen shot of the error message that appears after a scheduled task is started;

- Make a screen shot of the corresponding Create Backup Wizard screen showing the "ghost" hard drives;

- Describe the way you try to create a backup in detail;

- Are you able to create a backup manually (without scheduling a task)?

Then please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Provide the collected files and information in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Nachbar

Thanks for your answer!
    I tried the TI 9.1 trial version two weeks ago and it worked just fine. Great Produkt :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.