CampTune8 Release Date & Known Issues

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Pete611, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete611

Pete611 Registered Member

I'd like to give CampTune8 a try (for $19.95 Of course), but I am concerned about the results. From the posts it seems there have been problems and some were the result of user errors, beta copies, hardware incompatibility, etc. I'd like to know when CampTune 8 was released, reported disk corruptions, and specifically if people have tried it successfully (or otherwise) on a MacBookPro 17" early 2009 running Snow Leopard latest update and bootcamp with Windows XP Service Pack 2. Unlike other users, my original bootcamp partition was set too large. I'm finding a need to run virtual machines so I need more Mac Disk space. I originally set it up as 200GB Bootcamp and 150 Mac OS. I'd like to reverse that and get the Mac upto 250GB and cut XP back to 100. I've backed everything up, but would sure not like to start from scratch. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. deadwulfe

deadwulfe Registered Member

It's been 9 days since I've posted my problem and I've got no response to it. You can try the $20 to save time, but you might be out $20 and still have to reformat & re-install. At this point, if I could go back in time, I'd spend the $20 on a milkshake and a pack of smokes to pass the time while re-installing.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Deadwulfe, please check your private message for my response.

Pete611, if you're not having success with CampTune, luckily for your current setup, we can do it another way. If I understand correctly, you need to make your Windows partition smaller, and the Mac partition larger. You can do this using Paragon Partition Manager from the Windows side. Right-click the Windows partition > Move/Resize and shrink the partition from the left side. Once you have the unallocated space located in BETWEEN the two partitions, you can right-click the HFS partition > Move/Resize > and expand into the unallocated space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.