Camptune x Windows no longer boots

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by anipperess, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anipperess

anipperess Registered Member

I installed Camptune X on my macbook air to make my windows partition larger. After using the software and rebooting into my windows bootcamp partition it would no longer boot. The message i get on a black screen is as follows.
    Booting Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC - Pointer)

Booting Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC)

Booting Windows NT/2000/XP

Booing Enter Command Line

Boot Failed! Press any Key to enter command line.

When I hit enter I get.

[Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB list possible command complete ions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible complications of a device/filename. ESC at any time exists.]

does anyone have any idea what this all means?

2. anipperess

anipperess Registered Member

OK Problem solved!
    After many hours of googling and searching I have found the solution. Camptune X works very well however when you increase your partition size it corrupts the boot files for your bootcamp partition.
    Dont wait for Paragon support to get back to you because they dont have the answer and wont get back to you. But here is the answer. Follow these instruction and I promise you your bootcamp will work again.

You must have a full working windows 7 disc (Not OEM).

1. Put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start your computer.
    2. Hold down Option key till all available disks are displayed and select DVD. Press a key when you are prompted.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then 4. click Next.
    5. Click Repair your computer.
    6. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    7.In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

Type (these commands are safe)
    Code: Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    Code: Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Code: Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
    *Press ENTER after each command.*
    *Restart your computer.*

Trust me I was sceptical at first but this works 100%. All that has happened is the boot directory has become corrupt during the drive size increase. But following the above steps will rewrite the boot files and get your bootcamp running again.
    This is something Paragon have not worked out yet but hopefully will to avoid all this trouble in the future.

Hope this helps some of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.