Calling all Kingsoft Office users (free version)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by catspyjamas, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

Been a lurker here for a long time but I think this is my first post here. Hi. :)

I downloaded the latest Kingsoft Office Suite (version 8.1.0.3375) yesterday from here to give it a whirl. I am having a problem with the Writer. When I open a document, be it an existing document or a new, blank document with nothing written on it yet, and then go to "File" > "Page Setup" - Kingsoft Writer crashes right after pressing "Page Setup". I get a window come up stating that "Kingsoft Office has stopped working" and "Windows is trying to find a solution". It doesn't give an error or anything - it just crashes and closes itself. I can relaunch Writer OK but the same thing happens every time. Everything else with it seems to be working OK though.

I have emailed Kingsoft support but am interested to know if it's just me or a bug that others are having too.

I have Vista HP 32bit with 2GB RAM. It happens even when Kingsoft Writer is the only application I have running.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ive literally only just downloaded and installed this and have not had any issues with it yet.
    Im using it mainly to edit my curriculum vitae at the moment.
    Im keeping my eye on this thread as apparently chinese software is supposedly iffy to use.:ninja:

3. catspyjamas

Thanks for responding. This is the only issue I've found with it so far, but like you I've only just downloaded it recently.

Please can you try opening Writer, opening a document (either an existing or new blank document) and go to file then page setup. Does it crash when you press page setup, or does it present you with a box with margins and other formatting options? I'd really like to know if it's crashing for others too. Thanks.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have Kingsoft writer 8.1.0.3030 and I have not run into the problem you have yet.

5. catspyjamas

Thanks Carver. I have version 8.1.0.3375, so perhaps it's a thing with this version.

6. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

FREE Kingsoft Office Standard Edition LICENSE (worth $49.95)

-http://www.kingsoftstore.com/brothersoft/kingsoft-office-standard-license-acquiring.html-

-http://www.kingsoftstore.com/download/office_suite_standard_2012.exe-

OFFICE.jpg

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ok i spoke too soon.When i use the spreadsheet and presentation software to view saved documents etc the writing is all in chinese.:eek:
    Any way to fix this as it isnt apparent to me at the moment how to.:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.