Call for Splitting NSA

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Searching_ _ _, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Call for Splitting NSA into 2 Seperate Agencies

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Here's something I doubt you hear much in this forum: I trust the NSA more than I trust Google. Google gathers data to line their pockets with cash. At least the NSA has a legit reason to collect data, even if they do have a tendency to blur the line. On to the topic, there isn't a chance they'll break them up. They work together in unison. Here's the thing, number one, there are already PLENTY of researchers out there without government ties that can do this job. They do it every day, how else do you think vulnerabilities get disclosed and patched?

You simply don't need the NSA for this type of work, and Google set themselves up for suspicion when they called on the NSA. There are whitehats galore in this world, and some of them are BETTER than a lot of folks at the NSA. Google would also pay a different team of people a whole LOT less than what they are likely paying/paid the NSA. Google also has another problem with hiring the NSA, who is to say the NSA, while helping Google secure their systems, isn't doing a little poking around on Google?

If you're going to hire an intelligence agency to secure your systems, it's not the worst idea in the world to sit down and wonder whether they are playing both white AND blackhat with you. I mean, is it really that insane of an idea that a national intelligence agency, which really the NSA is the electronic version of the CIA, might happen to use the opportunity to gather intelligence on you if they are being used to secure you?

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If i was the NSA i would be looking at their data collection for sure! You scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours lol

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yeah, Google's servers for them is probably like winning the lottery for us. I can imagine the salivating that went on when they saw the personal information of millions of people from practically every country on earth with internet access, all stored in one little spot, and the NSA didn't have to hack, didn't need funds, they just sit back and let the information roll in.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Google....but I seriously doubt it. My original post still stands though, the NSA wouldn't think of splitting up, and Google didn't need them to help them. So, if the NSA does turn on Google, well, they'll know how us "little people" feel.

5. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

You're right, of course. But you forget that the NSA is part of the government and the government is like a black-hole -- it always wants to get bigger and bigger. If there is a chance that the government can create yet another administrative agency, it will.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You better believe they will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.