CAJF19OM.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Shanna, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanna

Shanna Registered Member

This appeared on my desktop yesterday, CAJF190M. It has the period at the end. I have no idea where it came from. It's grayed out. It's zero bytes. I can't delete it or rename it. When I try and delete it, I get the message, 'Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.'

Last night, after the discovery of this file, when AVG was scanning, it found Java/Bye Verify, which it couldn't remove. In my Control Panel, my Java appears to be different as I don't see anything to clear the cache. I manually went into Explorer, and found where it was, but it wouldn't allow me to delete any of the files in there. I ran the online Trend Micro, and it found nothing. I ran Spybot, and it found nothing. Panda Active Scan found nothing either. So, I'm at a loss as to how to get rid of that thing on the desktop, and this Java/Byte Verify. o_O

Thanks.

Edit to add.. Not sure if this is related, but now, when I click on any link that's in an email, OE turns blank with the busy cursor, locks up, and I have to ctl-alt-del to shut it down. If I don't click on a link, the program seems to work fine.

The email problem was fixed with a reboot. But I still can't get rid of that thing on my desktop.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.