Cable Modems??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I am not sure where to put this?
    so here goes.
    My modem I am using now sucks(RCA)
    the comcast tech is coming thursday(19th)to replace
    this one
    what do you recommend for a replacement?
    that is all and thanks..... :)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, aren't they just going to give you another one of the same model? I'm guessing you are renting the modem from the cable company, right? Or are you going to buy one?

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

renting yes.
    I have a choice between that 'RCA' one
    and Surfboard.
    just thought I'd get some opinion's.. ;)

4. sig

sig Registered Member

If Comcast has given you a choice I would go with the Surfboard. Why? Just based on comments from users on the Comcast forum at Broadband Reports. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast

My impression is that people generally have reported less satisfaction with RCA's or at least a definite preference for the Surfboard, FWIW. People mention the diagnostics available with the Surfboard. Which is why I'd want one if my COM21 that ATTBI gave me ever conks out. Dunno about the RCA.

Anyway, in addition to the Comcast forum at BBR there are also a cable users forum (not ISP specific) which seems to have questions regrarding cable modems and also a cable modem (hardware) forum. You can see what forums are available here: http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all Browse around and see if there's anything that addresses your question. Perhaps you can find more specific comparative info at one of these forums. (You don't have to register to post, btw.)

edit: Just really looked at your nick. Haven't I seen you at BBR Security forum? Well my suggestion still goes but if my recollection is correct, then I guess you're already somewhat familar with BBR. Don't mind me, I'm just spacing out after a long day. ;)

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thanks sig. ;) good info, and i am registered
    over at bbr as hayc.......seen you over thier alot
    later and thanks again. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.