CA Trust Security Suite

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Antus, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I would appreciate some feedback from the members. In a short time my ISP is is migrating over to Road Runner. One of the perks is a free security suite by CA Trust. There firewall I believe is a rebanded version of ZA. Has anyone had any experience with this suiteo_O How good is ito_O Appreciate you input as usual and thanks in advance.

2. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Hi.
    IMO since last release FWL was ZA FWL rebranded (with some differences: w/o Antispy as CA has Pest Patrol, now CA AntiSpy).
    Now CA has new FWL: tiny!! (http://www.ca.com/tinysoftware/).

Check Point (ZA Labs) has decided to implement KAV as AV engine in his ISS.

So ZA and CA divided their business.

Best Regards.
    Mike

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I don't know about the new engine. I tried CA's EZ antivirus free one year offer and got rid of it the same day. It would never run right on my computer and caused all kinds of problems.

Had the same problem when I tried the ZA suite. The antivirus, CA's EZ with the Vet engine, caused me all sorts of problems, freezing up my computer among other things. I had to remove it and just use ZA free for a while along with another antivirus.

I'm now using the free Comodo firewall, the free AOL Kaspersky antivirus, along with free Spyware Terminator, and am as happy as can be. Far as I'm concerned as a safe surfer, this is an excellent combination that just about covers all the bases.

4. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

I used to use CA's Internet Security Suite. It used to be rebranded Zone Alarm, but now it is a extreamly stripped down version of TinyFW. I checked it out and thought that it was way too simplistic. I found that CA's AV had a lot of trouble updating on my computer. I also had quite a few false positives with it. It is better than nothing, and in my opinion better than many of the free AVs around, but I would rather use another AV. As for the Firewall, there are many free alternatives that are better.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello Antus,
    I have looked at CA,.. a thread here you may find of interest. Please do post for any questions.

Stem

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

FWIW- CA really screwed over the paid subscribers of TPF. And the TPF was not cheap ($49.99 and $99.99 for a subscription). After Tiny was acquired by CA there was absolutely zero customer support whatsoever. Tiny users simply depended on a forum where they discussed issues related to the firewall. Now that all the subscriptions have dried up CA is rebranding the firewall.

Considering the history of CA (indictments, prison sentences, etc) their treatment of the Tiny subscribers comes as no surprise. I will never use another CA product nomatter how great they are, or claim to be. I guess it is just an ethics issue with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.