CA Internet Security Suite 2007 Beta testing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by VikingStorm, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

3. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

screeshots etrust security suite
    ca interface.JPG

4. ashishtx

some more screenshots

Attached Files:

5. ashishtx

6. ashishtx

7. ashishtx

8. ashishtx

9. ashishtx

10. ashishtx

This beta looks relatively stable. I am impressed by the firewall because it looks like a cross between zonealarm and tiny firewall(That's my guess because some of it's processes are same as of tiny firewall). It has privacy,cache cleaner feature of zonealarm and internet application control of tiny firewall. Antivirus and antispyware component got new gui. It's good to see that they have got rid of three seperate icons(firewall,antispyware,antivirus) in the tray.

11. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i got my beta invite today and looks after pc-cillin great beta,this also is looking promising..

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  12. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just installed the beta version of CA internet security suite on winxp. So far its been running great, seems very stable. Its seems a little hoggy on resources, uses about 100mb of ram on my system. I've been running it for just over a day now and the firewall component amazingly claims to have protected my personal information over 3500 times. The only hitch i've seen is when i was doing an on demand virus scan and program decided it would perform its own virus scan so i ended up with 2 simultaneous scans.

13. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Did CA change the firewall? It gives only basic out-bound protection now, cant even block Tooleaky for example.

14. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

a new beta build has been uploaded on the ftp server(.166),visit the same link provided with the e-mail,which will direct to their site...

15. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is it smaller then pc cillian TMIS? would 380 ram run ito_Oo_O?.....

16. ashishtx

CA internet security suite is launched officially. Here are the excerpts from their website:

Key Features

Up To $6,500 Total Internet Protection Plan
    Up to $1,500 Protection Against Damage caused by computer viruses. If your PC fails due to a virus infection after CA Internet Security Suite is properly installed, you can receive up to $1,500 in technical service and hardware replacement. Program administered by Warranty Corporation of America (WaCA), a full service administration company. Only available to US residents.
    Up to $5,000 Identity Theft Coverage. Safeguard data on one PC with Mobile Lifeline™ that includes powerful Identity theft protection worth up to $5,000 if your identity is compromised. $5,000 Identity Theft Coverage is not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.

Home Protection Pack

Complete Home Protection. CA Internet Security Suite 2007 protects up to three PCs with a single subscription. You no longer need to buy three separate subscriptions to protect your household PC's.

Continuous Protection to keep your computer protected from the latest internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the then current renewal price (plus applicable tax), so you don't have to.

CA Internet Security Suite

New! Secure Now provides proactive protection by monitoring critical program functions and settings, and reminding you to keep your security at an optimal level

Improved! User Interface offers simplicity and superior ease-of-use, helping you quickly and easily set preferences, check program status, and maintain a secure PC

Low System Overhead with a total install of only 60 MB and low usage of system resources, CA Internet Security Suite installs quickly, saves hard drive space, and scans efficiently

learn more>

Anti-Virus

Daily, Fully Automatic Updates easily and effectively address the #1 reason PC users suffer attacks: out-of-date signature files

Automatic Email Scanning protects against viruses that arrive via email, before they can cause damage

Scheduled and On-Demand Scanning allow you to run a scan at any time, or schedule scans at pre-selected intervals to meet your needs

learn more>

Personal Firewall

New! Application Hardening offers advanced sandboxing technology (for Windows XP and 2000) to protect CA security products from attacks by hackers, allowing the applications to run more safely and securely

Improved! Personal Firewall offers the same industrial-strength hacker and privacy protection with a more integrated look-and-feel, providing you with seamless and easy to manage personal firewall protection

Pre-loaded Security Settings give you optimal protection right out of the box, and reduce firewall warnings for known programs

learn more>

Anti-Spyware

Comprehensive Spyware Detection and Removal provides complete protection against a wide range of spyware, adware, keyloggers, browser hijackers and other threats

Improved! Real-time Spyware Protection prevents and removes unwanted ActiveX controls, Browser Helper Objects and browser toolbars; prevents malicious changes to the Windows Hosts file, Registry, and Startup Programs list; and protects Internet Explorer settings including your home page, favorites, and search pages

Frequent Automatic Updates ensure you're always protected against the latest threats

learn more>

Anti-Spam

Blocks Unwanted Spam by allowing only messages from your approved senders list to reach your Inbox - all other mail is quarantined for you to review later

Prevents Phishing Attacks and Email Fraud by automatically verifying the authenticity of messages, and displaying a clear visual warning on suspicious emails

Protects Multiple Email Accounts for all of your Microsoft Exchange and any POP3 mail accounts you have configured in Outlook

Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 or XP
    - 256 MB RAM
    - 300 MHz or higher
    - Pentium-compatible CPU
    Email Client
    - Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003 or Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5/6.0 or higher
    - One or more POP3 or MAPI email accounts
    Required for All Installations:
    - CD-ROM drive
    - Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
    - Internet access
    Disk Space: 60MB

17. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

:blink: $49.99, if all you want is the anti-virus! I guess you have to pay for the security "shopping" centre bonus.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.