CA ETrust Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by trjam, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If you get a chance, check it out. It isnt a rebadged ZA anymore. I have a license for thier security suite from awhile back. I downloaded the new one to a pc. It looks nice, still Pest Patrol which isnt the worst, but the firewall is what caught my eye. The default settings are set at the highest possible mode and its fully stealth. It almost looks like Tiny. I am going to move it over to my main and just install the firewall with Kas and Trend Antispyware. But it is set to full protection and I swear I havent had but one box pop up asking for permission for a application.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Is there a free trial link to this firewall?.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

http://home3.ca.com/SubscriptCenter/Trialcenter.aspx?

Please be warned that during the trial period, this firewall will connect out without your permission, and will constantly download a registration page, these outbound connections cannot be blocked by rules made by the user, as the rules to allow these connections are hard_coded within the firewall.

I do not have a full (licensed) version of this firewall, so I cannot check if these hard_coded rules are removed, or still used with the full version.

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thanks Stem.

Even though i love Kerio 4.2.2., i've decided to test out some others after seeing how poorly Kerio performed on some of the recent tests-e.g.- leak and termination tests. Been giving Comodo a try for a fews days now with no major issues and would like to also give this one a whirl.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

You were right trjam, "learn more" link on Stems link says, "Now based on Tiny Software® technology, widely regarded as best-of-breed firewall protection".

Very interesting development. ;)

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed E Trust on my daughters new computer because her broadband co. downloads it free. E Trust is version 5 of Zone Alarm. At the time I was using ZA and I was able to set it up for her like I was using my copy of ZA. This was in June.

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

There have been a number of changes made, including a UI change, screenshot here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.