C: shown as invalid partition in free edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by HakanThn, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HakanThn

HakanThn Registered Member

I just installed the Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition but I can not make an image of C: since Paragon reports it as an "invalid partition".
    I get the following message:
    "Paragon Backup Recovery™ has discovered problems with this partition. It must have been caused by an incorrect geometry. In order to resolve the issue, please collect LOG-files and send them to our Support Team."
    Running a brand new Acer Aspire Timeling with Windows 7 64bit. No problems with the disk reported from other programs.
    What could be the problem?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

A thorough check disk will most likely take care of this.

Start + R keys, "cmd" , from the command prompt:

chkdsk /r c:

3. HakanThn

Thanks for your help.
    I just run chkdsk as proposed (had to run as administrator, and to schedule at next restart). As far as I could see no errors reported - missed summary screen though because of the reboot. No effect: Paragon still shows "invalid partition".
    Any other suggestions?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Hakan,

You might try this:

In 7 Disk Management, Rt click C and shrink it a little - doesn't matter how much - a few gb is fine.

You will then have a little Unallocated space on the right of it.

See if Paragon is happy with it now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. HakanThn

Update: problem resolved.
    This was not a Paragon problem. I had some sort of problem with the partitions, discovered that I could not change partition size with windows disk management => Paragon was the only program detecting that there was a problem in the first place.
    After some trials with different partioning programs I solved the problem, and could use Paragon for disk backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.