C: shown as invalid partition in free edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by HakanThn, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HakanThn

HakanThn Registered Member

I just installed the Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition but I can not make an image of C: since Paragon reports it as an "invalid partition".
    I get the following message:
    "Paragon Backup Recovery™ has discovered problems with this partition. It must have been caused by an incorrect geometry. In order to resolve the issue, please collect LOG-files and send them to our Support Team."
    Running a brand new Acer Aspire Timeling with Windows 7 64bit. No problems with the disk reported from other programs.
    What could be the problem?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

A thorough check disk will most likely take care of this.

Start + R keys, "cmd" , from the command prompt:

chkdsk /r c:

3. HakanThn

Thanks for your help.
    I just run chkdsk as proposed (had to run as administrator, and to schedule at next restart). As far as I could see no errors reported - missed summary screen though because of the reboot. No effect: Paragon still shows "invalid partition".
    Any other suggestions?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Hakan,

You might try this:

In 7 Disk Management, Rt click C and shrink it a little - doesn't matter how much - a few gb is fine.

You will then have a little Unallocated space on the right of it.

See if Paragon is happy with it now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. HakanThn

Update: problem resolved.
    This was not a Paragon problem. I had some sort of problem with the partitions, discovered that I could not change partition size with windows disk management => Paragon was the only program detecting that there was a problem in the first place.
    After some trials with different partioning programs I solved the problem, and could use Paragon for disk backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.