C-partition corrupted after reboot - how to recover? ('unknown type')

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Dutch Treat, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Registered Member

I ran chkdsk on C under Windows and Acronis told me to reboot to finish that operation. When booting Windows skipped the 'chkdsk', saying something I could not read because it was by so fast. So I decided to run the chkdsk again. When rebooting I choose to hit F8 and go into Safe Mode this time. The lights for the disk stayed red, so I thought it was 'checking'. But after half an hour it was still red, and no activity as far as I could see. So I turned the system off.

After I rebooting I get the message that Acronis has lost it's OS Selector files'. And Windows would not start anymore.

When running Acronis I can see the partition stiill is there. And when running other utilities I can see it lost it's 'disk name' and has gone to 'unknown type' (not NTFS anymore).

What can I do to recover the partion? Acronis will not 'mount' it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dutch Treat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please try to boot from the Acronis Disk Disrector Suite Bootable Rescue CD and re-activate Acronis OS Selector.

Please boot into Windows and create a screen shot of the Disk Management utility (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management).

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.