Byte verify T Horse problem

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by niteloner, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteloner

niteloner Registered Member

Norton and AVG Antivirus dialog boxes are indicating the presence of this TH.
    When I run the updated scans, they both indicate Ii am free of viruses. How do i get rid of the Trojan? o_O :( :( :doubt: :: :eek:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  2. niteloner

Byte Verify

Any of of the computer wizards or experts or maybe a technician that can help me with the T Horse Byte Verify problem that I posted. i need urgent help!!!
    :oops: o_O o_O :(

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi niteloner,

Can you please give a little bit more info ;)
    What is your Windows version?

You said that NAV and AVG were giving warnings about this one.
    I assume that you were not running both AV's at the same time...

What did you do when you got those alerts?
    Did you let NAV and/or AVG delete/repair/quarantine that file?

When you let TDS-3 do a full system scan (with everything in its settings on highest), were NAV and AVG temporarily disabled (that is needed)?

If you still have that infected file, could you please submit it to:
    submit@diamondcs.com.au

Cheers, Jan.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. vickie

vickie Registered Member

I have WinXP Home. My NAV scan is also showing Trojan.ByteVerify. Scan results show "access denied" - "repair failed". Every now and again this TBV and also Download.Ject and MHTMLredir.exploit shows up with the NAV scan (there are several different dates in the Virus Alerts log) all with the same msg "access denied/repair failed" in Action Taken. From reading the bulletin re TBV patch,which says "if version shows #3810 or higher - do nothing - its uptodate" My version shows the foll: "Java Version 5.00.3810". Why then are these trojans showing up when I visit certain websites..if my Java Version is the latest? Would appreciate any replies.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope the suggestions Snowbound gave you to patch first of all your windows helps you when visiting those sites. It blocks the exploit from being used on your system at all.

Then FanJ's questions and recommendation when you scanned with any of your scanners if all the others were completely closed (TDS not necessary, only don't scan with it during a scan with any other scanner at the same time.)

So: close all your scanners, including all their resident protection too, --for AVG open the GUI, uncheck all the options so the systray icon greys out-- and the same for NAV. Close them all completely.
    Configure TDS to scan with all options and highest sensitivity in the scan control and let it run through all there is. Close as many other programs as possible to give TDS all scanning space and speed there is while you drink your coffee.
    In the end in the bottom console rightclick one of the files and save to text; include that scandum.txt into your next posting and we can tell you which files we want you to submit and what to do with the others, don't close that alerts window yet for your own ease.
    Oh and you make sure in the windows folder options all files are shown including their extensions.
    Looking forward to your scan results.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  7. niteloner

Hey, guys...

Just to clarify... I have Win XP Home Ed.

No...I have Norton and AVG Antivirus pop-up on my screen claiming I have the virus. When I run the scans, separate, they both come out negative. Hope you have it clear now... :D :)

8. niteloner

Ok...That didnt work either...I just got a pop-up from Norton claiming i have Byte verify in this file:

C:RECYCLERS\1-5-21-602162358-1343024091-8Dc1.class

What do I do nowo_O :mad: o_O :(

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

niteloner, Clean out your recycle bin should clear it :)

HTH Pilli

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In addition to this:
    you might like to disable Norton first to have all access to cleansing the recycler. Hope that helps and is clean when you start Norton again after that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.