busy device

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by elm0126, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elm0126

elm0126 Registered Member

I am getting a problem imaging a partition to the DVD burner I have built into my thinkpad ... invariably ending with busy device
    Here is the config I have:
    Thinkpad T42p with DVD burner, Windows XP SP2 and Suse 9.3
    Nero tools including inCD
    Acronis 8.1 build 903

What I do to get the error message:
    -> Create Image
    -> Choose the C partition (XP system disk)
    -> choose the target file as d:/backup.tib where d is the dvd-burner
    -> choose the normal compression (3.3GB i.e. fits on a DVD)

Acronis then asks for a blank media. I insert the media and press continue.
    The disk starts spinning and after a few seconds the "busy device" error message appears. If I click try it also reappears. ... at some point I get "bad media message" with the ejection of the disk.

What can be done to be able to create a disk backup. Of course I can dump the tib file on the disk then burn a dvd with it but I would appreciate to be able to perform this in one shot. Also is it possible to create a backup image DVD which is bootable and contains the acronis rescue disk ?

Thanks

Eric

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Eric,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you should first format your DVDs in UDF-mode and then use them to burn images to. Please refer to Acronis True Image FAQ Section on our web-site.

The current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support direct DVD writing, so you can't create a bootable DVD.

Thank you,
    --
    Oleg Shegay

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Eric,

Yes you can, although it requires a little more work by you and the procedure isn't officially supported by Acronis.

Read this somewhat lengthy thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s):> and then choose either wdormann's original procedure, my modified version of it or the Ultra Iso version I posted towards the end of the thread. Either one will do the job.

Perhaps you could let us know how you got on?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.