burning to dvd+r and dvd+rw's

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by topcat, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcat

topcat Registered Member

I have windows xp SP2, I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S burner, I'm using nero CD/DVD recording software. I've got the WinXP IMAPI CD writing service disabled. I have TI 8 build 800. Have backed up 7 tib files, 6 635mb and 1 279mb tib file for a total of3.99GB onto my 2nd internal hard drive. I want to put the tib files on dvd+r's and dvd+rw's. When in nero burning rom do I choose dvd-rom(ISO)? or dvd-rom(udf)? or dvd-rom (udf/iso)? Do I choose start multisession disc? or no multisession disk? Under the ISO tab do I check the box saying "Do not add the '.1' ISO file version extension? Are the choices the same for dvd+r's and dvd-rw's? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. topcat

topcat Registered Member

2nd pic

Attached Files:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello topcat,

DVD media: Use blank DVD+R or DVD+/-RW (don't preformat the RW disks).
    DVD session type: For maximum compatability with other hardware you should set this to DVD-ROM (ISO). However, if you're not too bothered about this you could create a new image, electing to split it into 4.3GB chunks, and burn it as a DVD-ROM (UDF).
    Multisession tab: Select "No Multisession".
    ISO tab: As per your screenshot other than set "File name length (ISO):" to "Max. of 31 chars (Level 2)". Don't check the "Do not add the ';1' ISO file version extension" as this is used when creating a DVD-ROM (Boot).
    Label tab: As you wish.
    Dates tab: As you wish.
    Misc tab: Check "Cache files from disk and network" and set "Cache files smaller than" to 64KB.
    Burn tab: Obviously you need to select "Write" but I strongly recommend you set the write speed to around 2x or 2.4x. This greatly increases the likelyhood of a successful burn.

Hope this helps.

Regards

4. topcat

topcat Registered Member

Thanks for the info Menorca. I will try these settings and see if they make a successful backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.