Burning to CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by napoleon, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Hey all! I've been tasked with creating an image to CD at work. This image will span mulitple CDs, since the image is just under 2 gigs. The plan is to move these CDs to our offsite disaster recovery site to restore the server from the CDs if needed. What is the best way to do this in terms of recovering the server as fast as possible?

Should I just burn each of the four *.tib image files separatly to CD, or is it worth it to covert the files somehow to .iso images or some other format? Any ideas are appreciated.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

ISO-imageso_O

You want burn a TIB-file to an CD formatted with ISO-filesystem, convert the CD to an ISO-image, and then save the ISO-image to a CD formatter with ISO-filesystem?

Whacked!!

(MiniMAx gets a grip on himself, clears his voice, and continues)

Hi John, there is no need to convert anything. Just burn one or more TIB files to CD's and label each CD accordingly.

If you have (or expect to have) a DVD-ROM available when you need to restore, you could try burning 3-4 TIB files to an DVD, and let True Image process 3-4 TIB's between each media switch.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello John,

Imaging and restoring via CD or DVD is never going to be fast!! However, if that's all you've got to work with then just let TI create the image to multiple CDs directly, labelling each disk in turn (e.g. Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3 etc). After the complete image set has been created, boot from the bootable rescue CD and verify the image via the Check Image Wizard. You will need to insert the last CD Volume first and then follow TI's prompts for subsequent disk changes. Same applies when you carry out the restore.

Regards

4. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Thanks for your help all. That's what I figured. MiniMax...yes, that was a bad lapse of judgement on my behalf. It certainly wouldn't make sense to add extra steps to the process or complicate it. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.