Burning tib with Nero 7 Essentials

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

Average size of my tib is abut 10 GB. I used to split into three parts and then burnt 3 DVDs with Nero 6. Because of its big size (ca. 4 GB/disk), I select "Make UDF DVD" to burn tib pieces.

A few weeks ago, I bought a Sony DVD burner. The package came with a Nero 7 Essentials CD, which I soon installed. When I tried to burn tib, Nero 7 (StartSmart) screen did not show anything to do with "UDF" selection. So I am not sure whether I should go ahead burning or not. Does anybody know whether Nero 7 does no longer need UDF mode? Sarutaro

2. dodyryda

dodyryda Registered Member

suggest you use version 6.. more reliable version...

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nero 7 Burning Rom still handles UDF, on the new compilation window, you have to select CD-Rom (UDF) or CD-ROM (UDF/ISO) disk to be able to set UDF parameters -- UDF probably not included in the "Essentials" version.

4. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I am talking about burning DVD not CD. Thinking that the Nero 7 Burning ROM might allow to burn either small or large files (because Nero 7 is probably more improved/advanced than Nero 6), I burned a tib file to three DVDs without any hitch. I am not sure whether those burned tib can be used for restore or not. Sarutaro

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The same holds for DVD. Instead of selecting a CD type, you just have to select DVD-Rom (UDF) or DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) disk to get the UDF tab -- that's in the full version of Nero 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.