Burning tib with Nero 7 Essentials

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

Average size of my tib is abut 10 GB. I used to split into three parts and then burnt 3 DVDs with Nero 6. Because of its big size (ca. 4 GB/disk), I select "Make UDF DVD" to burn tib pieces.

A few weeks ago, I bought a Sony DVD burner. The package came with a Nero 7 Essentials CD, which I soon installed. When I tried to burn tib, Nero 7 (StartSmart) screen did not show anything to do with "UDF" selection. So I am not sure whether I should go ahead burning or not. Does anybody know whether Nero 7 does no longer need UDF mode? Sarutaro

2. dodyryda

dodyryda Registered Member

suggest you use version 6.. more reliable version...

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nero 7 Burning Rom still handles UDF, on the new compilation window, you have to select CD-Rom (UDF) or CD-ROM (UDF/ISO) disk to be able to set UDF parameters -- UDF probably not included in the "Essentials" version.

4. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I am talking about burning DVD not CD. Thinking that the Nero 7 Burning ROM might allow to burn either small or large files (because Nero 7 is probably more improved/advanced than Nero 6), I burned a tib file to three DVDs without any hitch. I am not sure whether those burned tib can be used for restore or not. Sarutaro

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The same holds for DVD. Instead of selecting a CD type, you just have to select DVD-Rom (UDF) or DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) disk to get the UDF tab -- that's in the full version of Nero 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.