Burning DVD with Drag n' Drop DVD Program

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2Morrow, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Morrow

2Morrow Registered Member

Have loaded a copy of InCD on my system but there does not seem to be an executable or set up. Is this sufficient to format and burn DVD backup files in Acronis? Or, is it possible to use the existing Drag n' Drop CD/DVD burning program that came on my Sony VAIO system. Please advise.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you get an option to format the DVDs for drag and drop when you put a blank DVD in the writer? If so which program is it that asks? What drag and drop program came with your Sony? Did it allow you to format DVD disks? If so, did you uninstall it before installing InCD. Two drag and drop formatters running at the same time sounds like a source of trouble.

3. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Do you have to use InCD and drag and drop with the DVDs? Packet writing has always been trouble with CDRs...I'm not that familiar with DVDs, but I would think the same would apply. Can you not just write to an unformatted DVD, the same as a CDR or CDRW?

...Allen

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No. TI 7, 8 and 9 cannot write to unformatted (for packet writing) DVDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.