Burning bootable image + TI exe file on same cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rickboy, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickboy

rickboy Registered Member

I'm trying to burn the bootable iso image as well the TI exe file onto the same cd. I'm using Nero burning rom. The burn is successful however the disc wont boot. When I burn the ISO image on its own, voila it boots.
    I've tried doing one first and then the oher using "continue multisession" in Nero but the program won't allow it.

Any suggestions anyone.:doubt:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you're using version 10 of True Image there's that exact feature in the menu for combining the Image and the Bootable media onto a bootable DVD. It will even span dvds if the image is larger than one dvd.

But you need to know that if the image needs to span 4 or more dvds when you come to restore it, you will be swapping those dvds in and out like there's no end in sight. For some reason True Image does not call for the dvds in the order they were made.

With 3 dvds, there is still some swapping but it's tolerable ... just.

Another hard drive is much better for creating your backups on to.

3. rickboy

rickboy Registered Member

I probably didn't explain myself properly - what I want to do is create a rescue disk and also save the TI .exe file on the same cd. I have used Nero to do this but the cd won't boot. It only boots if the rescue ISo image is on the disc. If I create and save the rescue ISO image to a folder on my D drive and then use Nero to burn the image and the TI exe file together, the cd won't boot.

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

For that you need a ISO editing program. The one that I know that will work is "ultraISO". With this program just open the rescue ISO image, now get the "exe file" you want to add and drag it into the rescue ISO image and name it something else(so you don't overwrite your original rescue ISO) and save it . Now you have a rescue ISO image that will be bootable and have that extra "exe file" you want inside it.
    I think that's what you are trying to do. Thats the easy way to do it. I always have good results with "ultraISO" but there many other programs out there, that will do the same thing.

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Or for an alternate suggestion, create the bootable version of ATI on a USB flash drive. You only need about 50 MB of space, so even a small flash drive will do. Any leftover space can be filled with whatever files you want. Since the drive is formatted as a FAT16 or FAT32 filesystem (your choice), you can copy whatever you want to the drive. And since the drive is rewritable, it's easy to update when the next build of TI is released.

6. pr_wainwright

pr_wainwright Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.