Burning Boot Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by como, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. como

como Registered Member

I have ssem the following in separate threads

Anyone know which is correct. or is there something I have missed

2. angusct

angusct Registered Member

Both are right.

What a CD/RW allows you to do is reformat it, then burn the new Rescue Media instead of having to throw away the old CD and burn a new one.

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Even after a CD-RW is "finalized", you can still format/erase it and use it again. You just can't add files to the files that are already on it after it's been finalized. So in other words, burn the rescue cd. Then when a new version comes out, format/erase the CD-RW and burn the rescue cd using the new version.

4. angusct

angusct Registered Member

Exactly. This way you don't end up with a pile of CD/R coasters.

5. como

como Registered Member

Thank you both I have never used a RW disk as I understood they were not reliable

Will give it a try after burning two cds in the attempt to get mouse support in the boot disk of the new build 786

6. Zintar

Zintar Guest

RWs tend to be less reliable then Rs which are also not perfect. Using a packet writer (drive letter access, InCD etc.) brings out the worst in them. A session mastered RW, written only a few times, should be pretty reliable and is great for debugging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.