Burn Video from YouTube

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My wife found a beautiful Elvis song (Who Am I) on You Tube. Is it possible to download and burn to dvd?

2. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

should be.

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

If it is an unrestricted link you should be able to download with no problem, but if you don't know, some YouTube channels require that the user subscribe to that channel and sometimes, pay a small fee for the privilege of being able to download their program material.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Of course it's possible (there are tons of options for downloading from YouTube, converting/burning is just as easy), but legality is another story.

5. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i thought it was a trick question :D

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Made the mistake of going on line and found a web site that looked legit that said download this. Well I got a whole lot more than I wanted. It took me a couple of hours to clean out all the trash. I had stuff popping all over the screen. I am not trying to steal anything. I would be happy to buy the video.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well, you could also search online in known reliable webstores selling music, look up Elvis and then when you have found a CD that includes this song, buy it. :)

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Use DVD Flick to burn the video file to DVD. It works great.

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There are many programs that enable you to download Youtube videos. I use an extension for Firefox called "YouTube Downloader" which works very well - it makes it easy to download any available resolution. Burning to DVD is also easy if you intend to play the DVD on a computer. It's trickier to create a DVD that will play properly on a commercial DVD player. I can't give you clear advice about that, but I'm sure others can.

10. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

check the video downloaders section at PortableFreeware dot com. they go over the programs pretty well before they add anything to their database and if it includes even adware someone will mention it in the comments and it usually gets removed or they link to an earlier version.

or you could use the one month trial of Internet Download Manager, which is what i use. other reputable Firefox add-ons include Flash Get and DownThemAll. Be aware that some of the video downloader browser add-ons might be making their money by tracking your internet surfing so i don't install those unless they're well known.

also, i don't think the music owners or YouTube cares too much if you download the stuff because they could prevent it if they wanted to.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.