Burn image to DVD or CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pea33nut, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pea33nut

pea33nut Registered Member

How do I burn the image to DVD or CD. I tryied going through the clone option but I don't see an option to select dvdrom for destination. I am using acronis 10.0

2. pea33nut

pea33nut Registered Member

I have my laptop hard drive hooked up to my desktop computer via USB. I would like to image the drive to a DVD so when it gets cluddered up I can just load the disk and have and not go through all of the pain of reloading everything. Is this possible?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello pea33nut,

I've assumed you are using True Image 10.0 rather that Disk Director 10.0 and have therefore moved this thread out of the Acronis Disk Director forum into this Acronis True Image forum.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pea33nut,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that clone option is designed for hard disk to hard disk data transfer. You can learn more about cloning from chapter 13 “Transferring the system to a new disk” of the respective User's Guide.
    For backing up we recommend you to use the “Backup” option. Please take a look at this FAQ article explaining the difference between Clone Disk and Backup approaches in more detail.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home supports direct writing backups to DVD media. You can also create a backup on a hard disk, split it into parts of a size of DVD (using split function of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home available in backup settings, or third party software), and then burn parts to DVD media using third party software (i.e. Nero). That comes in handy when you plan to burn the image to CD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW later on.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.