BullGuard offering Wilders Discount of 70%

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Nice discount if the product could be used while their site is down for maintenance

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Patience is a virtue.
    Is it worth the wait for you?
    Ive tried bullguard myself and i would highly recommend it.:thumb:

3. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Hamlet sorry for the late reply. A few issues with websites being slow but it's affecting friends of mine as well..Scans are about the same. Still running well. 11,650 K in the processes.

4. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

So....since I already have a lifetime license for Agnitum Outpost Pro Firewall....I'm assuming that Bullguard Antivirus and Outpost Pro would would work together o_O

Also, I don't seem to hear much about the Antivirus alone...seems most of the talk about Bullguard seems to be the suite. Anyone running only the AV who can comment on it's effectiveness and system impact?

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Since the antivirus does not include a firewall, although I have not tested this, they should work find together.

Since poster here have mostly been finding the BullGuard Internet Security to be very light on resources, the antivirus should be the same. However, you mileage may vary - as I found BullGuard Internet Security to cause noticable slowdowns.

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

BullGuard sent meh my refund no questions asked! At least they are not thieves

7. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Now that is good news bro. Looks like a new avatar is 'on the cards'.

8. berryracer

Indeed :cool:

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

@berryracer What refund & why?

10. berryracer

11. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

12. sportsfan7700

What did you switch to?

13. berryracer

BTW, r u enjoying ur KIS license bro

14. berryracer

I have a 3 user / 3 year ESS License but since they're v6 ESS is still in Beta for more than 4 months now. I switched back to my old trusty avast! Free Antivirus 7 FTW.

It has very good dtection rates unlike MSE, has an auto sandbox feature, built in browser link scanner, basicalleh, everything ud want from a paid AV but in a free one and doesnt have lots of nag screens to upgrade to pro, probably only once

15. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Oh, glad you're sorted BR. So in this thread BG went from the best thing since sliced bread to wet cardboard shorts. Roboscan rulez! :argh:

16. berryracer

indeed.

I think I am cursed dawg. everytime I try an AV it's PERFECT! happened with KIS, BitDedfender , and now BullGuard...

the moment I say ok, i will purchase a 2 or 3 year license (in BullGuard's case, I bought a 7 year license) the moment I buy the license, weird problems start happening to meh and I end up refunding it and going on another quest to finding the lightest / best antivirus

But I think I better stop and stick to what works always for me which is avast

17. roger_m

I think that might be best the thing to ;)

In my case I would never go with multi year licences becuase I get bored with AVs quickly, and it usually doesn't take long for me to replace them or just stick with no av for long periods until I find something new or update which catches my attention.

I love Avast but haven't used it for a long time as I like to try out different software at the time.

18. The Red Moon

A lot of people get bored with an av because they dont think it is doing anything and are not getting alerts etc.
    I dont know what sort of people come on here but i rarely if ever come across malware.
    The way some posters go on here its like they are coming across malware every five minutes or are changing security frequently because of inactivity.

Its very good that an av is silent rather than alerts appearing frequently and its the surfing habits which need changing not the security solutions.:cautious:

19. roger_m

Well put. For me viruses and malware are not much of a problem. I sometimes visit potentially unsafe sites nearly every day. Whenever Google warns me that a site is unsafe to visit - I copy and paste the url and visit it anyway. I can't recall a single time when I've heeded Google's advice. I also install random software just about every day (and never scan it for infection first). I am using antivirus software currently, but most of the time I don't use antivirus software or any other software or addons.toolbars or blocklists to protect me other than Windows firewall.

This should make my computer a prime source of infection. But the reality is that I find it very hard to get infected, and get some kind of malware two or three times a year at most. When I do get infected I don't get worried or paranoid, I just remove the threat and then continue on with my computing as if nothing happened. If I was only slightly more careful with what I do, I could drop my infection rate even more - still with no protection in place.

I'm glad I'm not paranoid about viruses.

20. The Red Moon

I personally think the browser does more to protect than the actual security solution.
    Ive been lucky so far and no doubt an occasion will arise where a trojan or something may appear.In that respect i could do without an av but i suffer from the placebo effect where i "feel" more protected and granted this is probably a false sense of security.
    Ive now got the attitude where if i get infected then it happens and i just deal with it.
    If i get hacked i get hacked although hacking my computer would be fruitless as there is nothing beneficial at all on here lol.:cautious:

21. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

KiS is working well. no hanging. Thanks. Something you should trial. BlueRidge AppGuard. Wallahi, its a top shelf product. Don't know about a "gamer" setup though. Try it for 30 days. I'm in love with it already.

22. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

Personally I think that this is a very good deal. It is running pretty light on my system also, the Bullguard.exe is using 12,728k, spam filter using 864k, and scan uses 8816k during scans. I have found the support to be both helpful and courteous, and was really impressed with the chat feature, which I was able to use while trialing the software.

23. sportsfan7700

Silent av's that work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.