BullGuard internet security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Scotlarock2013, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Scotlarock2013

Scotlarock2013 Registered Member

Hi everybody ,does members of wilders use bullguard and it is ok to protect my pc

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. boredog

boredog Registered Member

It is pretty good and I also got the 70% discount offer in email yesterday. Used in the past but not at present.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

It's a UK product, and you can't opt out of sending "suspicious" files to them.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/avc_datasending_2014_en.pdf

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I believe it's Anglo-Swedish and uses the BitDefender engine and Outpost firewall, or at least it did at one time. It was very popular as being pre-installed on PC's in the UK a few years ago, often as a trial version. I used it about nine years ago and it seemed fairly light on an underpowered machine but I haven't used it since.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I last tested it a few months ago. I didn't like that you can only manually whitelist files, so I uninstalled it. Also, since I had tried it in the past, it would not let me trial it again using my exisiting Bullguard account (even though I was installing it on a different computer), so I had to make a new one using a different email address.

I can't really give you any more details, as they were the only notes I made about it. I've tested 60 antiviruses in the last few months, so it's hard to rememeber details which I haven't made a note of.

7. anon

anon Registered Member

BullGuard was founded in 2002 by two entrepreneurs in Denmark , Morten Lund and Theis Søndergaard
    https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/BullGuard

8. Daveski17

Thanks, I knew it was something like that. I thought it was a decent AV, and it didn't seem particularly heavy on the system, when I ran it years ago on a small notebook, but times change.

9. anon

anon Registered Member

+1

Also the support was excellent (direct chat through the GUI).

10. Xsjx

Xsjx Registered Member

I had it 2 years ago stopped using it because it let trough too many

A friend still uses it but his pc is doing weird as @#$÷@#

So it isnt verry good ):

11. Daveski17

Yes, I believe you're right about the support. In the UK it seemed to be replaced by McAfee and Norton as a pre-installed AV a lot after a while. The same thing happened to Sophos IIRC.