BullGuard Antivirus 12 months Free license

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Boyfriend, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

BullGuard is giving away 5000 licenses for 12 months’ worth of BullGuard Antivirus 10 for free.

Just enter email address and you will get license key and download link in your email box.

Promo Page: http://www.bullguard.com/marketingfiles/ext/web/landingpage/xmas2010/index_en.html

Hurry!

2. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

awsome - great program! thanks for sharing :)

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

That's a good offer.
    I will give it a try on one of my Test PCs...;)

4. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

thx for the offer

5. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

Thanks for the info. If someone would like to know little bit more about this AV:
    According to wikipedia it uses BitDefender anti-virus engine. Raymond.cc performance tests shows it's not the lightest one on the market.

Just saying.

6. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

"Campaign ended"

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Wow then I got in at just the right time.

8. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Absolutely. I got one for testing purpose.. :)

9. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

omg its Have Ended i missed it :(

10. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I used Bullguard a few years ago, it seemed much lighter than Norton & McAfee which I later replaced it with (I use MSE now) & Bullguard is probably the only suite I have ever liked. I believe it utilises the Outpost firewall.

11. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I cant use it practically .Lags everything ,deep scan is hanging due to the antirootkit scaner and the forum feedback is 0.Only Lavasoft AdAware beats this as resources hog :) Some services fail to close at restart ,etc
    It also installs some WinSock 2 driver that makes svchost connectiing to the bullguard servers for authetication on behalf of bullguard services .
    Strange antivirus.
    Anyone having it working ?
    My dual core 3,1Ghz and 4 gigs can t feed this dog.

12. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

Same experience here with Bullguard. I cannot believe that a security software could be as bloat as this. This software requires more than 500 megs on your hard drive! Add to this its hunger for resources practically making the system unusable, I think this software requires some work.

I have also watched a review of Bullguard IS on youtube in which it did not do good, although a single review cannot justify its reliability.

13. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

So, it looks like BullGuard has gone down the bloaty path. I'm still glad I ditched AV suites. ;)

14. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

No bloat here at all. This one is running very light on my computer (i dont care about ram usage and never checks it). My family got some of the freebies and they all seem to like it very much because of the lightness, ease of use and great support (one of them had a fp and they used livechat support which instantly fixed the problem).

15. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Are you sarcastic ?! :)

This antivirus combined with a firewall on an XP SP3 is not usable.Everything you do is delayed.
    Puting back NAV 2010 or Avast or even Panda AV let s my PC doing some other jobs.A PC is usually used for different purposes not for runnning an AV only ,this is not why i ve bought it ,just to run an AV.
    It may be that on W7 to run different ,but on XP 32 bit sucks.I was very happy seeing the offer but i look at the key and realize it will end up like my BD 2009 AV key ,unused.
    If on an Phenom 2 X2 550 and 4 Gigs runs like this then what hardware should i get to use it ?!

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Remember everyones PC's is different, maybe yours had a conflict with another software? :D

17. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

what's the resource usage on Vista, 32 bit?

18. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

No Im not :) But as mentioned security software seems to act very different on different setups sometimes :argh:

19. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Yes ,but don t you think that a simple X2 550 + 4Gigs + ATI 4850 + Asus Xonar D1 and some Realtek onboard network card should simply work ?

20. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I managed to install it on some other PC ,similar hardware.Installed the trial ,activated and finally seemes to work.Unfortunatelly the rootkit scanner still stalls.
    Anyway opposed to BD 2011 it installed :)
    Let s see if i m able to use it 380 days or some glitch forces me to uninstall :)

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts. Let's focus on the subject which is BullGuard. Thanks!

22. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Wow...did a test with BullGuard tonight. I will post my review on my blog sometime tomorrow. Not impressed.

The free offer is great and no one is discounting that, but test wise...

23. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I ve tryed to use it one week.It is simply bugged.It kills the system somehow ,data corruption or something.Can t use the free license ,to bad .

24. jasonblake7

jasonblake7 Registered Member

Also I have seen if your trial version of Bullguard runs out it stops all DNS connnections to the outside world so makes Browser connections useless. A friend was complaining of this and it took me ages to get the root of the problem. Pinging to raw IP addresses worked ok but trying to ping a www address and nothing worked.

All was ok after removing the Bullguard software. Every time the PC rebooted it kept on coming up saying your trial version had expired and that it wanted you to pay for it .

In my opinion really bad to have happen.

25. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

This is disappointing that y'all have found so many issues with it, I've always looked at Bullguard as a suite I would like to try if I didn't like CIS so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.