bullguard 7 v spyware terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kai666, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kai666

kai666 Registered Member

Does anyone know how the spyware detection of bullguard 7 compares with spyware terminator? I was just wondering if bullguard was enough, or whether i need something else as well.

any ideas?

thanks

2. adi200

adi200 Registered Member

Bullguard Uses the bitdefender Anti-spyware engine and I have found it pretty effective, I do have ewido installed as well and run a check once a week with both and system seem to remain clean.
    here are the features of the bitdefender (bullguard) anti-spyware engine as featured on the bitdefender website:
    hope it helps

Antispyware
    BitDefender monitors and prevents potential spyware threats in real-time, before they can damage your system. By making use of a comprehensive database of spyware signatures, it will keep your computer spyware-free.

Real-Time Antispyware
    BitDefender monitors dozens of potential “hotspots” in your system where spyware might act, and also checks any changes made to your system and software. Known spyware threats are also blocked in real-time.

Spyware Scanning and Cleaning
    BitDefender can scan your entire system, or just part of it, for known spyware threats. The scan uses a constantly updated spyware signature database.

NEW Privacy Protection
    The privacy guard monitors HTTP (web) and SMTP (mail) traffic flowing out of your computer for what might be personal information –such as credit card numbers, Social Security numbers and other user-defined strings (e.g. bits of passwords).

Anti-Dialer
    A configurable anti-dialer prevents malicious applications from running up a huge telephone bill at your expense.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

1.) that link is for an older version

2.) its just one person who reviewed it. id take it with a grain of salt.

as for the original question, i do not know of its effectiveness but having a free antispyware for occasionally scanning wouldnt hurt.

5. adi200

adi200 Registered Member

The review you linked to was for Bullguard 5 which is over 18 months old, the current version is 7. They did have problems then and where acused of spreading spyware mainly because the programme was distributed with Kazza (I think we all know how dumb an idea that was). Since then the Company has undergone a radical shake up, learnt from it's mistakes a produced a pretty good security suite with no-spyware and a totally redesigned product. You can read other comments and my review here . Hope this helps. And although download.com is a good place to start I never really trust all of their reviews, however on this occasion there is a small grain of truth in it. And at least bullguard admitted it's mistake and did something to rectify it. To me thats a pretty good thing , and something not all companies are so quick to do.
    Hope this helps a bit.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=859416#post859416

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Reallly. I just can,t believe a legit security software to be distributed with Kazza bundled. That,s radiculous.

7. adi200

adi200 Registered Member

yeah i found it hard to believe as well that's why i steered clear until they got their act together

8. bushnell2000

bushnell2000 Registered Member

I can wholeheartly agree with adi200's review of bullguard it did have it's problems in the beginning but as his review states in his previous thread, they have now pretty much ironed out any gliches they may have had. And their customer service is second to none. They are not 100% perfect by any means but they are pro-active in their thoughts and their ideas to move the company and product forward, whilst learning from previous mistakes. On a different subject i seem to remember adi200 from previous forums on other security sites stating that bullguard was the one to watch. If he is physchic can i have the lottery numbers for next week please, you can pm. me thanks

9. adi200

adi200 Registered Member

Thanks bushnell2000 I did make a few quotes regarding bullguard about 3-4months ago on the web user forum all but a distant memory now, with regard for the lottery numbers. My powers are sum what limited will last weks do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.