Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darts

darts Registered Member

I am testing Bullguard internet security 2013 at this moment and i most say it is a great product and very light at this moment even if it does a full system scan it is still light i like it for so far at this moment and it does have a Good detection rate because it uses Bitdefender engine so it is for so far a great product. Does anyone else tested it here??

2. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Yes, I tested it for a while and I also can say that I'm impressed. Did feel very light, very good detection and the web-guard does a fantastic job. But sometimes the web-guard prevented some of the elements on certain web pages to display correctly. I can also say that there is almost no discernible delay of web page loading, unlike Bitdefender for example. When I had it on my machine it was beta 5 version.

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I am trying out Bullguard Internet Security 2013 at the moment and it is going very well. I have really been struggling to find a solution since Avast went wonky on me with the sandbox about a month ago. Bullguard looks great after about one day. It is running very smoothly and causing no perceptible slow downs. I have set some exclusions for MBAM Pro and am running both in real time and it seems to be going fine so far.

Their Internet Security product has a lot of extra functions I probably won't use, but it is the only way to get their firewall. It includes some system cleaning tools, online backup, and etc. The program looks very configurable from both cosmetic and functional perspectives. Everything is pretty simple to figure out. All in all, not bad for a product that has been scoring highly on recent tests and that can be bought very cheaply from the download crew site.

Here is a description of their product's pieces from their support forum. (Their support people seem nice and helpful.)

"Please note that BullGuard does not rely only on the BitDefender's scanning engine."

"We are also using a second scanning engine (mostly for Behavioral and On Access detection) and 3 sets of definitions, from which one is "home made"."

"The Safe Browsing and Spamfilter plugins include technologies from several world leaders in those fields, such as Commtouch ( adopted by Google and many others)."

"The Firewall module is created by Agnitum, whilst the Vulnerability scanner (the ex Inspector) was developed with Secunia."

"As a conclusion, BullGuard Internet Security uses the best technologies available for each plugin in order to provide the ultimate protection."

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Here if my favorite question these days:
    Can anyone provide a direct download link to Bullguard ISS 2013? I hate the stupid downloader programs... :eek:

5. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I am going to answer my own question posted above. The really helpful support staff at Bullguard gave me a direct product download link ONLY after supplying them with my product install key. With that in mind, I am NOT going to post the direct link here. :gack:

6. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

offline installer:
    --http://download.bullguard.com/box/BullGuard130.exe
    --http://download.bullguard.com/box/BullGuard130_x64.exe

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

For those interested download crew has Bullguard IS 2012 for 9.99. I'm sure it will work in 2013 version.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You can also pick up boxed versions from Ebay which are even cheaper.

I bought a 2009 BG IS disc for 3 computers for less than £5 recently which upgrades to the latest version.

9. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

There is also a 3-month free trial for Bullguard IS 2013 on their Facebook page, for those interested ;)

10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thats amazing value and it looks like it has an impressive array of plugins etc and the firewall sounds half decent.:thumb:

11. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Detection has improved considerably over the last year (take a look over at av-test.org); light footprint and well worth the price as long as you look around and do not pay retail. Support is also very good, particularly Live Chat.

IMHO, an AV well worth considering.

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

How much ram does it eat? Any undesirable cpu spikes? What's the size of the installer? Daily database update size?

13. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am not ready to try it right now, but would like to have it in my "hip pocket." Do you know when the license clock starts?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

15. darts

darts Registered Member

Between 20mb and 32mb and with the full system scan about 60mb

16. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

A person in Bullguard support (via chat) told me that the license "clock" starts when the product is first installed and registered with Bullguard. :)

17. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

We'll have Bullguard 2013 listed tomorrow, but it will be higher than that price, after a conversation or two about pricing with Bullguard :)

18. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

So.....get it now while you can huh.

19. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

That's no bull!:D

20. muf

muf Registered Member

I bought it off ebay a week ago for £6. After installing it, it stated the key was for BG 2010 but worked fine with BG 2013. Bonus was that it came up as a 3 year licence. I also have a licence for KAV Pure 2 so I'm good to go for swapping and testing (or fancy a change).

BG 2013 is very light and is a nice set up with a simple interface. It has many options to tweak (I like that), that are tucked away in the background. Good for experienced users or leave those settings alone if you like a simple install and use solution.

Paul

21. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Many thanks, I picked one up.
    Regards,
    Jerry

22. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Yeah, I picked one up earlier this morning. I am testing BullGuard Internet Security 2013 right now against some links from a malware tracking site. It does well. I am also going to remove MBAM Pro to check for any behavior changes. Some of the web based detections seem a bit slow and I am wondering if there is a bit of a conflict between the two products.

On the whole, I am liking BullGuard quite a bit. I am still debating the wisdom of integrating a variety of products from other vendors. It might make more sense to just buy other best of breed products and build your own suite. I suppose it is cheaper to buy BullGuard, especially at today's super low price. Also, BullGuard has done a great job of making their product seem like a seamless and singular entity.

23. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah that's pretty low. Great.:thumb:

24. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

£6.?
    wow you cant beat the value.Ive been having a look at bullguard and im impressed with what ive seen and from user reviews.Once my kaspersky runs out im going to give this a try i think.:thumb:

25. darts

darts Registered Member

You won't be disipointed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.