Building a Windows 7 WAIK recovery CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by aea9tthompson, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You need the 32 bit installation media.

It is easy to get hold of.

When you have made the 32 bit Winpe3 boot disc - you can use it with your 64 bit installed o/s.

The WinPe disc must be 32 bit and you must use 32 bit drivers.

If you want the 64 bit win7 automated startup repair - you can add the 64 bit boot.wim to the cd and add an entry to the cd's boot menu.

you can choose to boot into either the 32 media to use all the recovery/partitioning/imaging/data recovery, etc apps. ,

or boot the the 64 bit media to use only the 64 bit automatic startup repair.

It is very easy. When you have run 7BRSUITE.cmd there will be a directory ( folder) on your HD called PARFILES.

1. Copy the 64 bit boot.wim from the installation disc ( or the 64 bit recovery disc) onto your drive.

2. Rename the 64 bit boot.wim to REC64.wim.

3. Put the REC64.wim in the PARFILES\sources folder.

4. To add a boot menu entry, use bcdtool ( it is included in 7BRSUITE you downloaded - in the bin\sys32fol folder ).

Rt click and run as admin on bcdtool. Click Boot Config>Open. Browse to the PARFILES\boot folder and select the bcd file.

There will be one entry for the boot.wim which is already in PARFILES sources.

To add an entry for the REC64.wim you just added to PARFILES\sources

i) Select Edit and COPY the existing entry.

ii) Select the new entry you just made, rt click on "description" and edit the entry to read "64 bit startup repair".

iii) Rt click on "device" and edit it to say REC64.wim instead of boot.wim.

iv) Rt click on "osdevice" and edit it to say REC64.wim instead of boot.wim.

That's all.

Make the Parfiles folder into a bootable cd. ( You can use BootIsoMaker.cmd - rt click it and RUN AS ADMIN - BootIsoMaker is also in the 7BRSUITE\bin\sys32fol folder. )

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. arguros

arguros Registered Member

Hi,

I will try it out, but it is much more complicated that I was expectiong.
    I do not have the W7 32bit media and drivers....
    I wish I has the WAIK for Vista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.