Build 859 - Very Slick Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

Congratulations, Acronis!

Build 859 clones like a champ. Very slick, especially the "any key" shutdown when complete.

Just the way it should be - flawless!

2. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

I just treid clonig my toshiba 4026gax drive with the new 859. Bad news. My dell restore partition is not working anymore. the original still does so I cloned with 826 and it makes my cloed toshiba dell restore partition okay again. what happened?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donprovo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe your actions in "Clone Disk" wizard and your problem?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

I put a new toshiba4026gax drive in a external encloser usb2 and ran clone from 859 on my internal hard disk. Computer restarts and clones to toshiba then any key turns it off. I take out toshiba and swap it out with internal. Now I restart with toshiba internal and boots great.

Then I shut down and start up with control-f11 keys to go to dell restore and never is recognized and boots to desktop. I look in disk manger and see all three partitions c, restore and diagnosis but restore never works.

I put back in my internal hard source disk and start up and hit the keys and get right into dell restore. Seems like clonig didnt keep the master boot record right?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donprovo,

Am I right that build 826 worked normally (and let you use Ctrl+F11 key during boot up with cloned drive) while build 859 didn't? If so please perform the cloning with the build 859 first, then create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post with the cloned drive installed (please make sure the Ctrl+F11 feature doesn't work), then perform the cloning with build 826 and create the report once again with the cloned drive (again, please make sure the Ctrl+F11 feature works). Please send both reports to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.