Build 774

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slavko, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slavko

slavko Registered Member

With the new build which I downloaded today the problem with opened files still persist. Look the attachment.

Slowly I have enough to wait from build to build when we (customer) will receive the build which work without problem. I want my MONEY BACK !!

Slavko

Attached Files:

2. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

So the latest version (774) doesn't fix the problem either? This really is pretty poor isn't it.

I assume that Acronis Support do read this forum - so could they give us answers as to:

- Why this problem is occuring?
    - What we can do to fix it?
    - When a fix will be available?

Acronis Support - over to you!

3. I have been experiencing the same problem, and I thought it was something peculiar about my computer. (Although I have a Dell with no special attachments) I too am getting close to the end of my patience, and will soon ask for my money back

4. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I would try to see what the activity is that makes TI so unhappy. Just before you make an image, hit ctrl-alt-delete. Select the performance tab for Win XP or task manager then performance tab for Win 2000. If the CPU usage is high (over I would guess 10-20%) or if the memory usage is "excessive" then there is probably something running that is preventing TI from locking an image. If so, look at the processes tab. Look for a process in the CPU column that uses 90+% of CPU resources or a memory hogging process. That would be the problem. The error doesn't sound like a TI problem, but a Windows problem or other rogue program.

5. CarlWalters

Yes I have a Dell too. Nothing fancy attached just
    Intel Celeron 1.4GHz CPU
    Windows XP Home SP2
    Maxtor 80G IDE drive Primary Master (IDE)
    Quantum Fireball 40G IDE Primary Slave (IDE)
    Creative Labs Internal CD-RW Secondary Master (IDE)
    Creative Labs Audigy Platinum Internal Soundcard (PCI)
    Netgear NIC card (PCI) -> Surfboard 4100 Cable Modem
    HP DeskJet 980xi printer (USB)
    HP ScanJet 440 Scanner (USB)

and that's it. Nothing esoteric. Everything fairly well known brands. Nothing that's caused me this much grief.

I do wish Acronis would acknowledge this problem :(

6. CarlWalters

Hmm. I will give this a go and report back.

7. slavko

slavko Registered Member

Hello people, what you talking about - this is NOT the windows or programs prblem, this is a TI problem. If not why the Norton GHOST 9.0 work fine without problem. Why the Norton Ghost has absolute no problem with creatin Incremental images, images direct in windows, sheduling and so on.

And I don't have a Dell.

I have a regulary PC with;
    Intel Pentium 3,00 GHz with 1.00 GB of RAM
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    2 SATA disks Seagate (but NOT in RAID mode) IDE
    2 SATA disks Seagate IDE
    Plextor Plexwriter Premium CD-RW, TEAC DVD writer, Pioneer DVD
    Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controlers
    3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940)

I try with three diferent controler with this new build;
    Promise 347 OK, SIL 3112 OK, 3Ware 8500 OK

I try also with all posible combination with swap file, but the situation is the some. I write also tu Acronis support and explain that I want a build which work or I want my money back. NO ANSWER !!

One more time; IF NORTON GHOST 9.0 WORK FINE, THAN THIS IS A TI PROBLEM NOT WINDOWS OR OTHER ROGUE PROGRAM PROBLEM !!

Slavko

8. agent86

agent86 Registered Member

I have been spending over a day using Ghost 9.0 and it randomly will crash at the end doing verify and the whole image is dumped. There seems to be no support at symantec or at least nothing more than repetition of the manual. The only plus is SATA raid is supported due to the Windows PE enviroment they use as it allows RAID drivers for windows to be added at boot time by pressing F6. As TI uses Linux the driver range is limited for some cards / controlers.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to write here and for discussing the problem.

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this issue because this particular problem requires additional invedtigation. It has nothing to do with hardware configuration. It appears only when there is a software conflict.

If you haven't heard from our Support Team for a long time please send a letter again and also send me a private message with your email address from which you have contacted support@acronis.com and I will speed up the process.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.