Build 774 still cannot upgrade from previous builds correctly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fedorov999, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Just upgraded over the top of build 771 and as what normally happens, the "Acronis Scheduler 2 Service" is not started - when you then try to edit your previous schedules you cannot due to this service unable to start even after the reboot. This has always been the case with v8.0 - no use having the choice of doing an "Upgrade" install...

Uninstall, reboot, manually cleanup the C:\Documents & Settings\...\Application Data\Acronis folders to nuke any previous scripts (stops TI getting confused).

Clean install of new build and service starts fine. :)

I'll await tonights scheduled backup to see if the previous builds script errors appear in the logfile on this new 774 :rolleyes:

And await news from these forums if Si3112a is still working for the first time on an OFFICIAL build ;)

Fedorov.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

This seems to be a highly intermittent problem. It has almost always upgraded fine for me. Glad to see your success with Raid, it's been a long wait for some good reports on that.

3. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I know we have the same motherboards. I haven't had any issues with updates. Scheduler always works. Perhaps this is because scheduler worked on the very first build I had (771). Sounds like some ghost lurking in your system that reemerges with each update process. Don't know what TI changes outside of the app data and program files, but I would guess there is something in the windows folder and/or registry that isn't getting purged.

You might try a program like InCtrl5 that lets you observe exactly what is changed with an installation. It was written in the pre-XP days, but still works well. It takes a snapshot of your system before and after installation and shows all differences at file and registry levels. You can also use InCtrl5 to take a snapshot before and after creating a script to see what changes then as well.

4. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Yea strange, a simple uninstall and nuking the Acronis "Application Data" folder and the leftover Schedule2.exe files is all that's needed to get it to cleanly install again though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.