Build 774 still cannot upgrade from previous builds correctly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fedorov999, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Just upgraded over the top of build 771 and as what normally happens, the "Acronis Scheduler 2 Service" is not started - when you then try to edit your previous schedules you cannot due to this service unable to start even after the reboot. This has always been the case with v8.0 - no use having the choice of doing an "Upgrade" install...

Uninstall, reboot, manually cleanup the C:\Documents & Settings\...\Application Data\Acronis folders to nuke any previous scripts (stops TI getting confused).

Clean install of new build and service starts fine. :)

I'll await tonights scheduled backup to see if the previous builds script errors appear in the logfile on this new 774 :rolleyes:

And await news from these forums if Si3112a is still working for the first time on an OFFICIAL build ;)

Fedorov.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

This seems to be a highly intermittent problem. It has almost always upgraded fine for me. Glad to see your success with Raid, it's been a long wait for some good reports on that.

3. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I know we have the same motherboards. I haven't had any issues with updates. Scheduler always works. Perhaps this is because scheduler worked on the very first build I had (771). Sounds like some ghost lurking in your system that reemerges with each update process. Don't know what TI changes outside of the app data and program files, but I would guess there is something in the windows folder and/or registry that isn't getting purged.

You might try a program like InCtrl5 that lets you observe exactly what is changed with an installation. It was written in the pre-XP days, but still works well. It takes a snapshot of your system before and after installation and shows all differences at file and registry levels. You can also use InCtrl5 to take a snapshot before and after creating a script to see what changes then as well.

4. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Yea strange, a simple uninstall and nuking the Acronis "Application Data" folder and the leftover Schedule2.exe files is all that's needed to get it to cleanly install again though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.